Planned rescue of 3 Hairless - GONE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canarats

You know those self-centererd forum FLAKES who impose on everyone to help them find rats, and when you find them what they wanted, it's too far, even though its much closer than they were willing to travel, and then they are short on funds, and then they have to ask their flaky boyfriends and all that schmuk...

I got morally involved with these boys by virtue of corresponding to pick them up, and now I can't bear to just leave them sit there, in their perilous position. Don't ask me about the poster-one ad says downsizing from 6/13. Sounds like a twit. http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/for/4452865467.html

I can pick them up on my way back to the GTA. Thanks for considering them!

00R0R_dfsmHbIJ0sc_600x450.jpg

00303_dPliyhuZSEI_600x450.jpg

00404_bJAMGpzKeZO_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sharing with my rat contacts to spread the word through Facebook. I hope these little darlings can be rescued from those bastids on Craigslist!

Thankyou Rattymouse and Lilspaz. If they don't find something before I go, would anyone like to sit them for a week while I make a major move? (Someone is already looking after mine).

...and Sheldon oh no! I was just in Texas! got 2 rats there. I might be going to Fort Worth and/or Colorado again before I get out of here.

I'm sure everyone knows it must be difficult and expensive, to relocate all these rats thousands of miles, but its worth a shot.

Chicago - may be possible! dspch911 Tell me for sure in a couple days, and I can make arrangements.

Last edited:
I've got allot of rat people sharing the ad on Facebook and it's being shared with a bunch of them in Florida so hopefully these babies can be rescued from the scumbag ad poster!

Thankyou Rattymouse and Lilspaz. If they don't find something before I go, would anyone like to sit them for a week while I make a major move? (Someone is already looking after mine).

...and Sheldon oh no! I was just in Texas! got 2 rats there. I might be going to Fort Worth and/or Colorado again before I get out of here.

I'm sure everyone knows it must be difficult and expensive, to relocate all these rats thousands of miles, but its worth a shot.

Chicago - may be possible! dspch911 Tell me for sure in a couple days, and I can make arrangements.

When would you be here?

Unfortunately for these 3 little ratters, one of my FL contacts spoke to the original owner and got this reply...

"The girl responded about the rats...here is her reply....i ended up taking them all to a petstore off of commercial way AKA 19. It is located on the east side of 19 and is between SR 52 and SR 54. It is called Foster's Exotic Pets. Their exact address is 4760 US Highway19 New Port Richey, FL 34652. You might want to call first to see if they still have some left. Their telephone number is (727) 938-9051 Good luck Thanks Penny"

Lets hope good rat owners pick them up.

It gets worse. Update: There are 4 girls and 5 boys (two parents, rest babies), being sold @ 7.99 a piece (or $6 for multiples). And here's the clincher -- they purposely mixed the sexes together ughhh! They were even arrogant about me telling their dumb asses that hairless are fragile and shouldn't be bred, and claimed that they've had hairless for years, and they can be "aggressive." Anyone wanna write some scathing online reviews? That is, *after we try to bail them out?

Now you can see why I wanted to get those rats out so bad, regardless of country of origin. Brooksville and NPR are real "redneck" areas, and you don't expect much more than the worst for animals here.

Last edited:
Would anyone like 2 girls? Either mom and a weanling (pair) or two adolescent pair), you choose. I have to leave the boys behind, but at least there wont be anymore litters. American rescues have shown their kindness by helping Canadian rats before. Let's show them we Canadians are just as generous of spirit!

If you want to "rescue" these rats yourself, that's fine, but bringing them back to Canada so you can feel better that's a whole different thing.

MRR is the only US rescue who has helped and that's with the maritimes who got flooded. We have a LOT of generous rescuers on this forum, but we don't have the big well-known rescues here, we don't have the resources the US does, so we do the best we can without taking in any more from a whole different country.

And if this is "tacky" so be it.

If you want to "rescue" these rats yourself, that's fine, but bringing them back to Canada so you can feel better that's a whole different thing. And if this is "tacky" so be it.

i sure do feel better Spazrats bcuz firstly u blessed their stars by posting em as "Gone" as Mum & 3 PREGNANT girls are *indeed "gone" (still being flooded with requests for 'em, & fosters for their upcoming litters).

also Sheldon, DSPch, Rattymus & other concerned PM-ers, wow but I'm floored by what *your teamwork, heart, passion, comradeship & good will accomplished, bcuz the rescue 'angels' mentioned u all / Ratshack Forums on their Facebooks. I did so little to find the homes myself. Even more ashamed i told the Western Canada rescues id pretty much given up.

am spending the night @ our new Adoptors', so now we have about 10 new fun friendly contacts to add to our network here at Ratshack. Excited! Sleep well, all ! and thankyou

Last edited:
From what I remember after the ad poster dumped the rats at a pet store, Canarats went and rescued them from being possible snake food and then drove them up to Pittsburgh where Andrea and Holly took them in. Here are a couple photos from Holly and Andrea's post on Facebook of the rescued rats in their care. I still have a copy of the awful ad from the ad poster who taunted that the "Fuzzy Wuzzy" rats would make a good snack for someone's snake. I am so glad these poor little darlings were able to be rescued. =^.^=

10462905_10152192013922479_8491570072099613425_n-461.jpg

10462615_10152192013917479_5312771592000558666_n-460.jpg

Last edited:
Back