*gag*a new Toronto Breeder - Trisha's Pets :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-pets/c...rve/599424464?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Date Listed 04-Jun-14 Price $10.00
Address Yorkdale, Toronto, ON M6A, Canada
View map Offered By Registered Breeder " Trisha's pets" rattery has a litter ready to be reserved!

These babies were born on May 31st!

Will be ready to go home last week of June!

Female:

White dumbo red eyes -10$ ( reserved)
Blue dumbo -20$ ( reserved)
Black standard-10$

Males

Blue and white standard -15$
2 white standard with red eyes 10$ each
1 white dumbo red eyes
Black dumbo-15$

Babies are handled daily to ensure they are hand tammed and friendly!

Mom is a white red eyed dumbo and dad is a blue standard

Babies are ready to reserve, they live happier in pairs!

Email me if you'd like to reserve your pair now, once you are 100% that you want them then they will be reserved for you and I will contact you with updated photos and info!

Also "like" our Facebook page "Trisha's pets" for more photos info and updates!

Thanks

UGH, soo many red flags. :(

Babies being sent home at barely 4 weeks of age, when they should still be with their mom.

No mention of health, or temperament, just "hand tammed"

NO mention of taking back any rats they sell.

No mention of adoption application on her ad

Different prices for more "desirable" rats in the same litter

Her Facebook page is even worse.

She breeds multiple animals, dogs, rats and just got hedgehogs so she could start breeding them.

1) she had NO clue who the father was until the colours showed up...sigh meaning they probably all live together and are not being selected for superior traits.

2) If you read down, you will see she took in 4 rescue girls, but is going to keep one and BREED her...unknown genetics, most looked down upon thing by responsible breeders...rescuing then breeding the rescues.

I am frothing at the mouth with rage and disgust!

Oh my god that is the worst...:cry2:

Were you planning to email her or contact her website? Or what can a person do when they see something like this? I would LOVE to email her at her website and bring up all these red flags, but I am not sure what the protocol is in cases like these. What do you do when you see something like this, Shelagh?

Emailed.

""Hi Trisha,As a fellow pet lover and rat owner, I feel a need to contact you regarding your post about the rat babies. I'm sure that what you do in your profession is within the best of intentions, and I do not want to attack you, only to help the animal community. A few of your methods and what you said raise some red flags. Firstly, on kijiji alone, there are so many rats(and dogs and cats and hedgehogs) that require rehoming or rescuing. Instead of saving these and setting up a rescue, with possibilities of adoption, you are breeding more animals-- essentially adding to the pool of pets in need of homes. Why would anyone adopt a rat that isn't a baby, isn't specifically pretty- when they can come to you and pick out their favorite in cute, baby form? Essentially, you are feeding to the cause of abused and homeless pets community wise.
Furthermore, breeding of any kind, to those who see it as ethical, is mainly to ensure good lineage, true? You are not doing that by breeding "rescues"/notknowing history.""

Darn kijiji has a character limit, so it is sloppy. :/

Emailed.

""Hi Trisha,As a fellow pet lover and rat owner, I feel a need to contact you regarding your post about the rat babies. I'm sure that what you do in your profession is within the best of intentions, and I do not want to attack you, only to help the animal community. A few of your methods and what you said raise some red flags. Firstly, on kijiji alone, there are so many rats(and dogs and cats and hedgehogs) that require rehoming or rescuing. Instead of saving these and setting up a rescue, with possibilities of adoption, you are breeding more animals-- essentially adding to the pool of pets in need of homes. Why would anyone adopt a rat that isn't a baby, isn't specifically pretty- when they can come to you and pick out their favorite in cute, baby form? Essentially, you are feeding to the cause of abused and homeless pets community wise.
Furthermore, breeding of any kind, to those who see it as ethical, is mainly to ensure good lineage, true? You are not doing that by breeding "rescues"/notknowing history.""

Darn kijiji has a character limit, so it is sloppy. :/

Can't wait to hear the reply if you do get one. :giggle:

Basically there's little you can do in these cases, but know the good and the bad rescues and breeders around, and be able to advise people if they ask.

Nice reply Aida..let us know if she responds. I will email her tomorrow when I'm in front if a computer. If she gets enough disapproving emails and no bites on the adoption line, she might give up breeding rats( unlikely, but we can hope, eh?)

The breeding of a rescue rat makes me nauseous with sadness and disgust. That poor girl.

She'll probably run out of money and abandon both the animals and the disgusting business. She sounds like a kid.

Aida, fantastic email, well done. I would love to also email this person too, if it helps and now that I know we are free to email this person whatever we want! I am not familiar with the kijiji site or however you spell it, and when I pulled up the ad, I did not see where to click to contact this person. Where did you see her email contact?

I would LOVE to add to the email pot and send her an email (and I promise I won't be loud or in attack mode...I will try to be as cool and classy as you were with your email!) Bravo again. It was a great response. You guys might be right...it would not hurt for this person to receive as many emails as possible, all telling her the same thing, in the chance that it might give her an education on this...if she is smart enough to realize that what she is doing is very wrong.

Okay, cool, I will try that, thanks!

Not sure if it will help or not, but I just flagged her ad to the administrator in a box for "enter reason here for why this ad should be taken down, etc." and I wrote a paragraph about backyard breeder, etc. and submitted it. Probably will not help, but I gave it a shot. I would LOVE to see this ad die.

Okay, done. Just sent her a long email plea. Hope it helps.

(No worries, I did not call her any names, promise! I kept the same tone as Aida.) :)

I bet this gal gets a lot of emails like this! I HOPE she does!

Ouch. I'm looking at the facebook page and this is just sad.. and utterly disgusting.

She has 3 females that she just acquired within the last 2 weeks (one being a rescue that was quote "week skinny and dirty" as of may 28, but is miraculously in breeding condition a week later..) and all three are already 'in the cage with the boys - Let's see who will be the first momma!'. So clearly not breeding for health OR temperament, since you can't evaluate these things in a week..

Also, the mother of the litter posted on kijiji had a previous litter, as far as I can tell, around a MONTH before this one! This obviously a money grab operation. If all the babies sell, she'll have made almost 400$ just from these two litters. I want to puke.

Here's the facebook page if anyone wants to subject themselves to the horror.. Be sure to check out her 'time until birth' estimates on the PEW mama.. I've never seen a pregnant rat in person but even I can say her guesses are totally uneducated..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trishas-Pets/632075420202585

Ugh..things like this make me so angry. Especially that I have just under 20 babies that I've taken in from idiots like this that I'm trying,to rehome. But everyone wants "designer rats from a breeder." So disappointing. :(

I am seriously disgusted by what she is doing. She honestly has no clue at all. I have never wanted to hurt a person but I will make an exception in her case.

It gets worse...

Here's the same rat she is breeding and here she's posing as a freakin' rescue!!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-pets-do...ats/598747182?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Poster Contact Information

• Email poster
  • Can't read the code?
    Listen to the code
    bb-image.html
    Verification code
  • Send me a copy of email
  • By emailing you agree to our terms & privacy policy.

Important Safety Warning:

Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Kijiji does not offer any transaction or payment services. Read More Safety Tips

• $_35.JPG

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG

Date Listed 02-Jun-14 Address Yorkdale, Toronto, ON M6A, Canada
View map Offered By Owner Hello,

This is "all R Loved rat rescue"

Do you have rats that you can no longer care for?, that you need to rehome to a loving caring home?

Here at all r loved rat rescue, we take in all furry friends, give them lots of love and cuddles, our mission is to see all rats happy and healthy.

I am home all day and dedicate my time and love to these rats I rescue.

Recent rescues have been from families who wanted to set them free in the wild, also a rat that was going to be a snakes meal, these are now happily living with us and doing great!

If you have rats looking for a caring loving home with a lot of social handing then send me an email with information on your babies and I will reply asap!

** all accessories, cages and any item extra that can be donated would be greatly appriciated, as I am a one person orginazation, and all helps!

Also accept any donations of extra bedding, hay, food, accessories or anything that can help this organization!

Currently have room for females in the female cage, if you are rehoming males please send them with cage also!

Did you have an ops litter? Or find out your rat is pregnant and don't know how to care for it or what to do? I will take in pregnant momma rats and mommas who just had litters and provide them with the care them and their babies need with sepetate caging and all care needed for birthing and raising new borns ( I have experience)

Can pick up around areas of:

Newmarket
Vaughn
Scarborough
Toronto
North York

And will do meet ups with other people from different locations!

Or drop off/ meet up at keele and eglinton or yorkdale mall!
Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
I made a comment with regards to 4 week baby rats are too young. she responding saying that at 4 weeks they are weaned and eating foods on their own so its ok.

I couldn't help myself...

"That is so wrong. You have no idea what you are doing. You're supposed to be a rescue service? You're breeding them for profit. You have no idea about the health or well being of these animals, if you did, you wouldn't be breeding them like its going out of style. I have owned rats since 1998 and I know a fair bit about them. What you are doing is detrimental to their well being. 4 weeks is NOT, I'll repeat this so you read it twice, IS NOT the right age to be taking them from their mother. It will hurt them. Six weeks is better never mind the depression spiral you're mummy rat will go into when her babies start getting taken from her. You're putting babies, months old rats in a cage to get knocked up and it clearly seems like you have no clue what you're doing. I hope these poor girls come out of this okay. And I hope more people see what you are doing and refuse to deal with you. I feel sorry for the rats, despite them getting food and attention from you. I find your whole practice questionable. If you are looking to start a rattery, talk to established ratteries and see if they can clue you in on how its actually done. So which is it... are you an irresponsible rescuer or a very poor breeder?"

I also sent an email. This is so sick. Here lemme rescue these animals and then make them breed and then turn a profit on them! Oh, the 'ugly' ones? Ya, whatever. I'll sell them for cheap, someone will buy 'em.

GAaAAaaHhhh

Good for all of you for sending this person emails! I sent one as well, so at least from the Rat Shack, this idiot girl is getting lots of emails. I flagged her ad to the site team, hoping to get the ad pulled, but probably won't work.

I agree with you Phyrexiah, I would so love to throat punch this chick. :rant:

Back