Achilles and Maximus at 26 Months, Plus...Fat Achilles

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladina

Hi Fellow Rat Parents!

I have been asked several times to share some new photos of my boys so I finally remembered to get my camera out while they were enjoying a shredded wheat soaked in some soy milk today. They are now 2 years and 2 months old. I cannot believe how time has flown since we adopted them from the rat rescue as wee little babies!

Achilles is our hooded boy and his brother Maximus is the dark brown berkshire. They are the joys of my life (and the spoiled princes that my husband serves daily as an official rat slave daddy! They have him wrapped around their little pink fingers, of course!)

I also included a couple photos of Achilles...sigh..my gigantic fat boy. Our attempts to slim him down have not really been successful..I think it is because he loves food more than life itself and we are wussy pushovers. Whatever baby wants, baby gets, as you know. Stricter parenting with his treats is waaay past due. My husband says, "Life is short, he loves his food, it makes him happy, etc." Dang, a hard situation. We never give them junk, but too much of anything, even healthy treats, is still TOO much.

Anyway, here are a few photos. Hope you enjoy. :)

Achilles and Maximus enjoying a shredded wheat treat.

And, a few shots of my chubby bubby...first a big yawn greeting for Mommy! Blurry shot, but boy do I love those sweet yawn greetings!

My walrus of LOVE.

Achilles loves to be loved and to give licky kisses just about as much as he loves FOOD. Our sweet baby.

If I can get some more interesting shots in some different locations, I will add them to this thread later...so hard to get my boys to leave their play village. They LOVE it there and don't really like to leave it for new areas!

Holy smoly you have what I call a "termite queen" rat LOL Little head biiiiiig body. :) I have had a few of those, part of it is their genetics, and its way too late to worry about dieting now :p

Glad to see your lovely boys are still happy and doing well :heart:

They are beautiful - just big boned.. :D My Peanut is just like them as you have seen...

:mcake: Happy 26th Month Birthday :mcake:

Aww, thank you so much for the nice comments everyone, and for the Happy 26 Month Birthday greetings! :heart:

Yeah, Lilspaz, I think I agree with you about it being a bit on the late side for Achilles to become Mr. Slender Pants. My husband agrees with you. Well, their vet said that aside from being FAT, Achilles is in great health, so at least that is a good thing.

My boys send kisses and licky licks out to you all. :hugs:

Ah, nice to see your boys! It looks like they have been very well 'loved'. :giggle:
Happy 26th month day boys! May you have many more. :)

P.S. A quick FYI for everyone...Achilles' fur in those photos has little dots of stuff on it..I promise he does not have mites or anything, ha ha. He has very thick fur (I am severely allergic to him so I take an allergy pill every day) and stuff sticks to his fur all the time. I believe he was laying on one of his blankies and it had some "lab block dust" on it from one of his lab blocks he was nibbling on...the crumbs sometimes stick to his fur! :wink2:

Hee hee, no, they do not want for anything, vet care included! That was nice of you to say though, Joanne! :cuddle:

Back