Getting rid of rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Scared you guys didn't I? Well, its not me - but yet again, I have been approached to take in another friends kid's rats as they no longer have the time for them. I find this extra annoying since I warned them before they got these two what they were in for. I don't have the room for them (well I probably could make room), but they are a little over a year old now and will probably need neuters - we cannot afford two more neuters on top of the one were getting done next week and all the costs for our sick boys.
cuss.gif

I dont think its unreasonable to at least try to ask them to cover the cost of the neuters in order for you take them.

Soooo frustrating. >:C
Even if these pets weren't what you excpected, or even if you didn't realize a LIVING, BREATHING ANIMAL has NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS, you can be responsible and deal with it for the 1yr a rat might have left, and then just not get more. :rant:

I was just thinking that. If anything its a great learning experience for the kids about looking after an animal and what their needs are.

I just got a text message that one of the boys killed the other. I highly doubt this since she said her kids told her the one did quite a number on the other. I'm trying to explain to her that one probably passed during the night and the other was just getting rid of the body... RIP Elwood

How sad :(
And how sad they aren't willing to commit to the remaining ~1yr the other had left. If they want you to take the remaining rat so badly, they shouldn't have to think twice about offering to pay for a neuter. I could never in good conscience hand over the care of one of my animals and expect the person to absorb the costs.

Sadly the kind of people that feel no responsibility towards animals do not feel any towards other people either.

I hope you can get the little man before he goes through anything else. He has to be really depressed now after losing his friend.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

aww that is so sad so what is she doing with the other boy then?

As far as I know she is keeping him, but I'm so tempted. We're trying not to get anymore until after our Disney trip in October its going to be hard to find a rat sitter that can give medication.

Were they fighting before? that you knew of? whats one more that wont need meds? LOL What ever happened to that hoarding/breeder pile?

Were they fighting before? that you knew of? whats one more that wont need meds? LOL What ever happened to that hoarding/breeder pile?

No fighting so I think it was just a during the night death and the other was cleaning up. Besides if they fought to the death - someone would of heard it. The snake/rats still there.

Back