Tumor falling off! NEED HELP QUICK

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnieflower

My rat's tumor is falling off at the moment and I'm not sure what to do. It's 11:30 pm here the vet I was taking her to next week isn't open and I don't know the reputation of any 24 hour vets in my area. Is there any over the counter medication I can give her for pain? Should I let it fall off and leave her be? Is she going to pass away? Any information is helpful I'm not sure what to do for her. If I take her to a vet will they be able to help her or should she be put to sleep? She's acting like it's not a big deal she seems like she's in a little pain but she let me pick her up and was walking around her cage when I noticed it.

NVM, just saw your other thread and that looks too big to be an abscess.

If it's not too stressful, try flushing the wound with a warm saline/salt solution. Keep her on SUPER ULTRA clean bedding until you can get her looked at.

Thanks I just cleaned her cage and she'll be going to the vet in the morning. I didnt know a tumor could actually fall off like an abscess.

The tumour's blood supply gets cut off and then you have necrosis, and the tissue dies...tumours can fall off but its not like there's healthy tissue underneath it.

Oh no, that is so scary!
I was following your other thread. I hope she will be all right till the morning!

Are you sure the TUMOR is falling out, and not the scab? ;x

Back