Any idea what this lump is?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

This is on GMC's inside thigh, it doesn't appear to be a cyst or abscess, but of course I could be wrong. It seems like a red bubble that wants to burst. I can feel all around it and its hard and round. We noticed it over the weekend.

IMG_6381_zps788deab8.jpg

I don't want to pop it since I'm afraid of what is in it and he doesn't like us touching it. I suppose its another vet appointment, but we'll need to pick up Popper anyway...

That does look a bit like lispaz's adira's lump. That looks like it might be a growing tumour. Malignant I think. :(

If your referring to the two tumors and then the open incision - this is definitely not muscle showing. Its almost like a shiny red marble. It seems to have just appeared out of no where. This has me thinking though that maybe this is connected to his lung issues - perhaps he has something going on there other than what we suspect (lung abscesses) and maybe this is a metastasis or vice versa. I'm also concern if an amputation is necessary how he will be able to function - I have seen rats that function just fine, but I don't believe any of them have had the back leg removed. Also, if surgery is necessary how will his lung handle the procedure. I know I'm jumping way ahead of myself, but I have to have these questions ready for the vet.

EDIT: I googled rear leg amputation in a rat and first thing listed was Sven, Jorats was he yours? That is very encouraging.

Last edited:
When ever I keep the same thread going I stop getting responses and its hard enough with the new forum to get responses. This is what seems to be working for some of us as backwards as it is...

When ever I keep the same thread going I stop getting responses and its hard enough with the new forum to get responses. This is what seems to be working for some of us as backwards as it is...

http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29834

have a look there.... yall are killing me with my blondness and trying to keep up LOL so we can change titles for you.:blobfire: just because the fire guy kicks butt LOL

Back