My story at last :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebenfuzzlet

Hi! I joined the forum a long time ago but I have never made a thread to tell you about me. I wanted to save it until I had or was soon to have some rats of my own :) .

I live in Iowa USA and I will be 17 in june.
sometimes I feel like I am the only one who understands that pet stores and most other people have no idea how to care for animals. I have been told soooo many times that I am "over doing it" or "they would be fine with out..." And I'm tired of dumb people calling me stupid because I love a different kind of pet.

You would think I was talking about rats right!?
No!

My other passion is hermit crabs lol. I will post some pics and talk about the rats in a new thread for them but it might be a week or two until I get them.
I can't post pics until my computer is repaired but it will be soon.

Not trying to sound jaded here, but it is an unfortunate fact that if you have a passion for something unconventional (ie rats, hermits) you will not only be misunderstood, but outright disrespected. That is why it is so great to have places like this to come to!

I have to get on the forum right when I get home when i have those days full of strange looks from ignoramuses. If I hear "eww" one more time...

Well anyways welcome. Glad you're here. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

UPDATE

We got the SCN in the mail yesterday!!
That thing is a pain to put together but we did it (after 2 hours of fighting with it:roll:) it is almost ratty ready lol.

Well I plan to save 3 from one of my friends. She herself is a good person but she is horrible at keeping pets the rats are not even close to the first animals I've taken off her hands. :rant:

I would love to go get them this Sunday but but my mom wants to wait until next week. I am just worried that she won't wait that long to "get rid of them"...

Last edited:
Back