Here come the R.I.B.! Meet Agent J and Agent K.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
Agent J and Agent K are the lovely wee boys from this thread: http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29332

J is all black with a tiny white smear on his belly, and K is black with little white gloves, tail-tip, and belly patch. They're both dumbos and look to be about 6-8 months old.

When we brought them home, they explored their new digs for a minute or two, then K began stashing lab blocks while J stuffed himself with all the vegetables.

NewHouse1_zps8638fb5b.jpg

Agent J found a toy!
Jfindsatoy_zps43ffc5c9.jpg

More pictures to come.

They seem curious and at least a bit happy. Agent J has been bruxing, boggled once, and decided that my sleeve is his new favourite place. Agent K is still very skittish and timid; it will take some time and work (as well as patience and love) before he warms up to us or stands up to his brother.

K prefers the hammocks and the UFO, likely because he is more nimble than J. One stashes the food, the other steals it, the first steals it back. At present, they are together in a bendy purple tube on the bed.

Last edited:
J and Clint are settling in well. They've been with us for a shade over a month now, and have discovered the wonders of rolly-chew toys, hammocks, and the magical Cheerios that appear out of nowhere if they come when they're called. They still squabble sometimes, usually in the dead of night, but they're often found snuggled together in the hammock.

Yesterday, they were boggling in unison as I was petting them. They looked at me like I was a crazy woman; must have had something to do with all the laughing.

Clint, being a fancy gentleman during his time runnign around on the bed:

Agent J, with Clint's tail and with Clint himself looking over J's shoulder:

Aww, your boys are adorable!! Such handsome gentlemen! (err, I mean Agents!) I love how your posts read, "base of operations for Agent J and Clint". Too neat!

I can tell your boys have found such a wonderful home with you and they look very happy. :heart:

Thanks for posting photos and keep us updated on how they are doing! I am sure they will fall in love with you, if they have not already! They look very comfy and content!

Give them both kisses and love from their "Auntie Vlad"! :kisses:

Thank you both! They're getting more comfortable with us all the time. Clint is still not crazy about being picked up, but he'll dash up a housecoat sleeve or up a reclining torso in a heartbeat. I don't think he's really aware yet that hands are connected to the rest of the human.

Yes, I remember reading a rat article that theorized that rats see their people's hands as another rat! As well as the person's face. The arms of a person, in between hands and face, is simply seen by ratties as a vehicle to bring them up to the person's face/"big rat". :-D I can believe it!

Clint and Agent J have a new house!

CN1_zpse34da1f0.jpg

Clint: "Mom, why aren't we in our real house? What is all this stuff? Can I pee on it?" He's still not too sure what he thinks of the setup.

CNClint_zps7c011eb0.jpg

Agent J is adapting a bit faster, but Clint is still nervous. Then again, Clint is always nervous. He just seems to be that type of rat. Even J's sneezes scare him.

They have two dishes, two bottles, two wheels, two space pods, two igloos, and lots of hammocks. Hopefully that will give them enough space to stop behaving badly for a while.

Aww! Great new house for the boys! They will fall in love with it very soon! How sweet that Clint is the nervous boy compared to Agent J. Poor little Clint...my nervous honey bunny. :love5:

Glad to see an update on your handsome boys!

Thanks for the kind words and ratlove, everyone. The boys are settling in; J is loving his new flat pocket hammock, and Clint was heard using his wheel in the night. He was also exploring a bit today, so he's finally realizing that his brother isn't living at the tip of his tail all the time.

Here's one I forgot to post yesterday: Agent J in all his squishy glory (showing off his little white zipper marking, too), watching as his brother explores the top level.

CNAgentJ_zps1af90dda.jpg

AgentsofSHIELD--DumboDivision_zpsc7443f66.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, great photo of Agent J! What a big handsome gentleman rat he is! And I love his wee little white zipper marking, soo cute! That is one kissable ratty belly! :tumkiss:

Aww, great photo of Agent J! What a big handsome gentleman rat he is! And I love his wee little white zipper marking, soo cute! That is one kissable ratty belly! :tumkiss:
Thanks. :) Yeah, he's a gorgeous boy, if a bit of a troublemaker. He got five minutes in the Time Out cage this morning because he wouldn't stop nipping his brother's tail. If Clint lets his tail dangle over the side of the UFO and J is present, he'll nip it. It's like there's some bizarre compulsion in force when it comes to a dangling tail. He behaved himself after the time out, though. Hopefully once the hormones calm down, he'll be able to behave himself again.

The boys spent much of the afternoon curled up in the upstairs UFO together. It was adorable.

Back