Help needed - 2 litters in need of homes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumbilina

Hey guys

I'm looking to see if we can find some homes for some rats. It's the same old story - people went to the pet store, wanted 2 girls and ended up with one girl and one boy. Then the numbers got bigger.

Pictures of the babies will follow later today when we get home but I wanted to see if someone was able to take in 3 of the boys. Finding them a home is most urgent because they all have a uri. I would take them but I have no more cages at all!

Is there anyone at all who could take the 3 berk boys ASAP??? They are in Brampton but I will do my best to help with transport.

ahe7ajyr.jpg
6u5yza8a.jpg
agyqesyr.jpg

Here are the pictures that Crumbilina promised :) The little ones are approximately 17-20 days old. These babies are not currently in either mine or Crumbilina's care. We are looking for as many homes as possible. These babies are being kept in an extremely tiny hamster cage and the current owners are not capable of taking proper care of the babies.

Baby Boy #1

Baby Boys #2-#3

Baby Boys #3-#4

Baby Boys #5-#6

Baby Boys #7-#8

Baby Boys #9-#10

Baby Girls #1-#2

Baby Girls #3-#4

Update: Jenny has taken home the very sick older girl and I have taken in the 3 young boys who have URI's. They won't get treated where they were so all these rats were basically doomed. I'll let Jenny do up a post on Else (formerly Roxy)...I met her and you just have to love this brave sweet girl! :heart:

I will put up a post on my 3 boys now.

Update: The 16 babies are still with mom and not old enough to go to forever homes. However these babies are in desperate need of some love and kind hearts. They started out with a Lice infestation which Jenny and I took care of. Unfortunately we do not have the room to take in the mom and litter. They are cramped in a tiny hamster cage and the cage the look forward to moving up to is only a slightly larger hamster cage.

The problem is that this girl will not take her rats to the vet, is not buying proper food (even though she was told how and where to get it - she is in Brampton, FTC is just around the freaking corner - shorter drive then a pet store AND less expensive then seed mix, yet still he buys seed mix) and she has boys and girls in the same home. Her rats were CRAWLING with lice, like crawling, and she could barely see the lice. I think it would be in the best interest of the rats to remove as many as possible from her care. Remember, this is the same people who let Else get as sick as she is, refusing to help her because "well, she is almost 2": http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29864

Ugh, that is so frustrating. :/

Guys, I'm moving to Canada, OK? I'm sick of just watching all these rat rescues! :cuss:
Also, I miss snow...

It makes me sad to think how many rescues AREN'T happening in the states. I mean you barely hear about them in comparison to Canada.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

You hear about them more here because more because the active members are from here. There are tons not happening in the states but they are not putting them out there. I stay away from craiglist because it is just to much work and heart ache but there are plenty from all areas that are not being saved I am sure.

yeh it depends on where you're looking, which ones you'll see
The really big hoarding cases in the states get most of the attention but there are lots more every day, day in and day out.

makes me so mad when I see someone breeding........... but that's a topic for some other time
:/

I went to the rat rescue near me tonight to help clean cages and it made me so sick to see all of the rats that were carelessly bred. Boo!!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Back