Poop...Poop everywhere.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRNDPNDR

This is where you would insert a buzz lightyear meme with the title of this thread.

Our DCN arrived yesterday and I spent the night drinking my sorrows away, and assembling the cage, And what a cage it is.

As well as the cage, we recently bought my girlfriend a sewing machine because she's wanted one for years, Because of this I'm now in the process of tearing down our two old cages, and removing the desk in the corner to make room for her to sew.

While this is going on though, there is a huge mess and this is the current state of our living room, I doubt you can see it all, but there are many, many raisins scattered about.

Don't judge, I'll take an after picture when I'm done :)

IMG_3439 (Large).jpg

They're already in it, although it's a little bit bare at the moment while their hammocks dry, but the girls are loving it.
I suspect Oreo is a little bit sad because he's kind of just been hiding under his favorite bucket. He seemed ok in his old cage, but I think moving into the new one he may be wondering where Apollo is.

I'm going to pickup some of those ropes I see everyone has in their cage also they seem to be very popular, and hit up the dollar store for some stuff.

I want to get my boys a wheel, but they never use it. They sit in it, sleep in it, cuddle in it, groom in it, but they never run in it.

Here is the cage as it stands currently (Ignore the mess in the background, I have a lot to do this weekend lol). I tried mounting that wheel to the bars but it spread the bars apart too much, and wobbled worse than their old cage.

Is there any wheel that mounts securely to the bars, like the water bottle on the lower right.

IMG_3440 (Large).jpg

This one is very sturdy in the DCN - unless you put it in the wrong way. You have to put the holes that the stand was attached to facing down. If you don't, like I did once, it makes a great unstable spinner/trampoline.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=12646

The dollar store is great for basket to hang w/zip ties and you can find the baby rings there too. Oh, don't forget ping pong balls....

The cage looks great, and we would never judge your raisins ... we all have them some where!!

Oh bless you for posting that photo! Our two ratty boys have taken over our dining room table as we turned it into a play village where they spend most of their time (they are hardly ever inside their actual ratty condo) and we get poops and all sorts of stuff on the carpet and needless to say, our dining room is not exactly the perfect looking picture of neatness...so it was nice to see other ratty folks that have similar rooms, ha ha. :p

We do it for the ratties! They deserve it! :flowers3:

Oh bless you for posting that photo! Our two ratty boys have taken over our dining room table as we turned it into a play village where they spend most of their time (they are hardly ever inside their actual ratty condo) and we get poops and all sorts of stuff on the carpet and needless to say, our dining room is not exactly the perfect looking picture of neatness...so it was nice to see other ratty folks that have similar rooms, ha ha. :p

We do it for the ratties! They deserve it! :flowers3:
We live in an apartment so we really don't have another room for them.

The desk in the picture will be gone soon, but my only problem with owning the DCN now is that the rats don't really have anywhere to play.

The girls old cage was on that desk, and I'd just pop the door open and they would roam around on the desk and their cage.

Now they don't have anywhere, so I think I'm going to have to invest in a play area soon.

You might want to consider something like this

http://shop.grrreatwall.com/main.sc

Or just chloroplast sheets from a home improvement store zip tied/taped together to make a play area. It will fold up for storage.

ya that's kind of what I was thinking, but they will have to wait though. We just spent a sizable portion of money on this cage and a sewing machine.

Probably have to wait a month.

I really like the silent spinner to as far as security on the bars. For a free-standing one I like the Wodent Wheel.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Back