It's happened again!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Last year you may remember my infected bite from our precious Oliver well, I now have what is appearing to be an infected scratch from GMC. He did a good job on my hand and wrist about 4 days ago - he hates his meds, but only the two on the top of my hand are infected. It seems I have a milder form of the cellulitis I had with the bite. Its red, inflamed, itchy, and quite painful. Does this happen to anyone else? I get scratched all the time so why this one scratch? I hate to go back to the doctor for another "rat" infection so I'm going to try neosporin for now.

You must be sensitive to rat scratches and bites. But be careful with cellulitis. You can get sick real fast. My mother in law had it and it got bad.

You must be sensitive to rat scratches and bites. But be careful with cellulitis. You can get sick real fast. My mother in law had it and it got bad.

I become allergic to the weirdest things! Band adhesive, latex gloves - but only when I wear them, just weird stuff. My grandpa did too later in life. I'll take the antibiotic I have left from last time and if it spreads I'll make an appointment, but they look at we strangely when I say rats....

Band adhesive, my mom as well. Isn't that something.

What's weirder is its only band aid brand - I can use generic... Last surgery I had I have a, dont' want to call it a scar, but my skin changed where they put the surgical drapes from that adhesive. I had a rash from that.

Back