My Boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziraous

Okay, so this is going to be dedicated to my boys. And I'll post updates and silly things they do and what nots.

First off I don't know what type of fur pattern max and Milo are.

All 3 of my boys are rescues that I got from a local lady where I live. She rescued them from a breeder in a different state and worked on making them all healthy, happy, and well mannered rats.

Maddox is my hairless Rex dumbo rat. He has some bites and scratches because he was being picked on but I separated the rat picking on him. Trying to have them all get along.

Max is the grey and white rat who has a blaze on his head. He and Maddox live together and get along super well. :)

Milo is my troubled boy right now I'm trying to work with him and the lady I got him from is helping too.

All the bite and scratch marks on Maddox is from Milo. The bite mark on Max's tail is from Milo. I have Milo in a cage by himself and bring him out for play dates.

Also please note that all of their fur is stained from when they were with the breeder. It was a bad situation.

Last edited:
Pictures of Milo.
7ysesuby.jpg

enyva2eh.jpg

Max
7eradegy.jpg

apu6yryv.jpg

Max getting rubbed
mevy2yve.jpg

Maddox
6a4ypa3e.jpg

pezupu8a.jpg

Max and Maddox
e4a9ury3.jpg

Max and Milo
uqyna2y5.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Maddox has quite a few scares already...okay a lot. He is also 80-90% blind in his left eye. He is such a super sweet boy. I have been putting some neosporin on him. He had his bath last night with max in the tub. They both did excellently. :)

Your boys are just beautiful! Loved the photos! Thanks for sharing those! Send them my love! :hello2

Poor Maddox!! My first hairless had a lot of scratch scars when I got her. They don't go away :(

Why don't they go away? My two nakies scratch each other all the time and they heal and disappear. Although, this am I found two tiny puncture (teeth) mark on Wally's back so I will be keeping an eye on those.

Ty Vladina! :)

They were realldy deep. Maddox was in bad condition when the lady got him.

Well I am sure that the redness and scabs will go away but on my babe at least, there are faint silvery pinkish lines from scratches. It takes years for scars to fade in humans and I think they just don't have time enough for their bodies to accomplish this.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I got him from a rescue. The lady trained him and the other 2 personally and very well. :)

Well I am sure that the redness and scabs will go away but on my babe at least, there are faint silvery pinkish lines from scratches. It takes years for scars to fade in humans and I think they just don't have time enough for their bodies to accomplish this.

That makes sense, but I can barely see Tucker's surgical site and that was 3 weeks ago. Probably depends on the rat. These ratties are adorable though so keep the pictures coming.

Hmm. Yeah odd. Possibly. Awe, tysm and they both give you licks. :)

Does anyone by chance know Max's fur pattern?

He looks like a blazed cap to me. He could be a blue or poor black. My computer coloring might be off so I can't tell for sure.

Okay. Ty. :)

Also I'm going to make an appointment with the vet tomorrow for Maddox. I noticed he has some lumps where there are bite marks and I am extremely worried about him. You can somewhat see them in the pictures.

Yeah I can see them. Hopefully just localized cysts. Have you tried wrapping him in a warm, moist towel to see if any come to a head? Is his skin dry?

Well I gave him a bath Wednesday night and they showed up around that time. His skin where his scratches and bites are dry. But he needs to go to the vet because he is sneezing and he sounds horrible. I wonder if I got him too cold from after the bath because he was fine before then. Today the breathing is bad. So gonna call the vet for an appointment.

He sounds immune compromised. He may be getting a URI because his system is weakened from the scratches/cysts. Do you have any abx you can start him on? I would rub him down with some olive oil too.

He sounds immune compromised. He may be getting a URI because his system is weakened from the scratches/cysts. Do you have any abx you can start him on? I would rub him down with some olive oil too.

I thought olive oil was a good thing to use too until I ask my vet, it can clog their pores. Plus it was funny to watch them lick each other. Its better to put it in there food than to put stuff on them. I don't think you'll get him sick by getting him chilly for a minute or two, but you can give him a respiratory infection if you get water in his ears, nose, respiratory system. Sheldon is right you probably brought the cysts/abscesses out with the warm water.

Back