Need CN advice

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srspibble

So I currently have a double CN with 3 young girls in it (Elsa, Noodles, & Effie). I was super excited to try fleece and have fun decorating, however Elsa destroys the fleece in minutes and just shreds it to pieces! It got really frustrating so I've just been wiping down the trays and everything in their cage every day to make sure it stays super clean, and I fully wash everything once a week.

However, I feel like them living on the plastic trays, even with me cleaning them daily, isn't comfortable for them or even truly a clean environment :( I considered buying deeper trays to just put bedding in, but I don't have money to just buy them all right now, and I was hoping I could come up with another solution :( does anyone have any ideas of what I could do???

Did you put the fleece in loosely or have it tied/bound to the liners somehow?

Some rats get mischievous about wanting to burrow so if it was secured you may want to try it loose. Yes they will rearrange it but at least you will know they have something soft to be on.

You might also try clean newspaper print. You can get a ton of it pretty cheap at uhaul stores and they can shred to their hearts' content. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Did you put the fleece in loosely or have it tied/bound to the liners somehow?

Some rats get mischievous about wanting to burrow so if it was secured you may want to try it loose. Yes they will rearrange it but at least you will know they have something soft to be on.

You might also try clean newspaper print. You can get a ton of it pretty cheap at uhaul stores and they can shred to their hearts' content. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

They were held down with binder clips. I've tried paper too, but she's one of those rats where if she can fit it in her igloos or space pods she's going to lol. Everything ends up in there in minutes :( she was even trying to pull litter out of their litter box and was carrying that up to their igloo lol

If you bought fabric and cut the fleece yourself, cut off some scraps large and small and toss them in there too.

I know with ours if I don't put extra fabric in there they go nuts doing much the same thing. Toss in some scraps and they arrange as they see fit and usually leave the liners alone.

I don't think they'll last forever though. The little brats will always rip'em to shreds eventually.

Do you have a photo of this in your cage you can post? and is it in a critter nation?

Not my cage, but here:

IMG_2760.jpg

Back