Wally's not growing...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeethingHeathen

So, I got my little guys last week, and Norville has definitely grown. I didn't realize how much heavier he'd gotten until I scooped him up right after sticking Wally in my pocket. Wally looks and feels like he hasn't gained a single ounce!

He eats, I swear. Should I be worried yet? :(

Norville:
uploadfromtaptalk1397463110414.jpg

Wally
uploadfromtaptalk1397463176346.jpg

He is, and when I put him next to my ear, I can't hear wheezing or anything. Maybe he's just a slow grower and I'm paranoid.

I'll definitely keep a close eye on him.

Check his teeth. He kind of has the body shape my Sebastian had when we got him, buy your boy's head doesn't look odd shaped. My Sebastian is an hydrocephalius rat. Anyway, his teeth were over grown and although it looked like he was eating he actually wasn't getting much. If they are overgrown he will need them trimmed. Our boy gained a large amount of weight once we notice the teeth issue and started feeding him baby cereal, baby food, and softened rat food.

I got the best look I could (he wasn't thrilled with my attempt, heh), and his teeth seem okay. I don't really have a frame of reference for length, but when he licks me, I don't feel his teeth on my skin, and he when he yawns, they seem about right.

I have someone who can take a gander and let me know for sure. Thank you! :)

I got the best look I could (he wasn't thrilled with my attempt, heh), and his teeth seem okay. I don't really have a frame of reference for length, but when he licks me, I don't feel his teeth on my skin, and he when he yawns, they seem about right.

I have someone who can take a gander and let me know for sure. Thank you! :)

As long as the teeth are even across the surfaces then they are aligned properly and grinding down. Don't worry about length, just look for even-ness

Yep, both boys are in high spirits tonight. I bought them a pineapple hideaway thing, and they're chasing each other in and out of it. I think Wally's just a little guy.

That's him in the food bowl, eating healthily. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1397619702051.jpg

Lots of room to explore on mom's tummy. :eek:

Norville on the left, Wally on the right.
uploadfromtaptalk1397756549356.jpg

Mountain climbing?
uploadfromtaptalk1397756577799.jpg

Norville's gotta check out my head while Wally samples the hoodie string.
uploadfromtaptalk1397756687198.jpg

Last edited:
He doesn't look that much smaller. I don't think I would worry about his size too much. My 15 boys all vary in size from the 400's to 900's

Back