You are not a hat!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentmagician

This is what I keep telling my older male, but he insists that standing on my head is the funnest game ever. He loves climbing and is always looking for new things to scale. A few nights ago it occured to him that he could climb me too! Everytime I put him down he jumps back up again. Maybe he'll get bored of it soon? I'm pretty sure my scalp is covered in claw marks from my rat hat.

LOL, would love a photo of that!! Has he ever climbed your pant leg? I once had a very fit mama and daughters, who would continually climb me from floor to shoulder so that they could check out the cages I was cleaning.

I'm torn between laughing and "ouchie! sharp claws!" He also climbs up my pant leg all the way to my shoulder quite regularly. And anything else he can get a grip on or jump onto or otherwise gets in his head he must see (and there is no detering him once his mind is made up!) Our other rat is the opposite, he has only just started going up and down the back of the couch, and only after carefully deciding whether to go through with it or not.

dspch911, maybe we should all embrace our rat hats and start a new fashion. There have been wierder trends :)

It's the time of year when new fashions are being shown, so why not?? The last fashion show that I can recall on the Shack was quite a few years ago, with a thread called Ratty Couture. It featured the clothes people wore when playing with rats or cleaning their cages. Plenty of holes!

Bring on the RatHats of 2014!

Curley on daddy ♥ we miss our boy ♥ he would always try to get on top of the cage
100_1154_zpsb108e28d.jpg

Haha my boys dont do this very often. I knew I had an old picture somewhere, this is probably within a month of getting them. Double rat hat. I also really want to revive the Ratty Couture thread.

254870_3563309215525_1527550483_n.jpg

This is apollo. He has never done this before, but suddenly decided that scaling my head was awesome.

In this particular picture it was the 3rd time that day he climbed on my head, and the reason he was up there now was due to the cat.

He was on the couch near my bum, the cat walked out and as soon as he saw her, he instantly teleported to my head.

He is on my head looking at the cat thinking "this is my safe spot"

Funny thing is, when he goes up there he can't figure out how to get down lol.

IMG_3431.jpg

Back