Meet Peanut

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mairead

Here he is, my newest baby, he is the tiniest rat we've had so far, he is adorable so get ready for lots of photos

image_zps349c3ed7.jpg

image_zps5cbe8fd5.jpg

I thought I would introduce him to Robin and it was so cute, Peanut saw Robin as his protector, every time I moved or made a sound he would dive underneath or behind Robin. You can also see the size difference.

image_zps16139be3.jpg

image_zpsb658e9b5.jpg

image_zps08e532ee.jpg

image_zpsc435ee12.jpg

image_zps199a8cde.jpg

After his introduction with Robin I was taking Robin back to the DCN and had Peanut in my arms and he climbed right over all the rats that were on the edge of the shelf and disappeared into the cage, I tried to get him out but he was having none of it, so I stood and watched for 10 minutes and every rat went over and sniffed him and nothing not even a squeak. So I left them alone and was sitting in the other room and I heard a sound I jumped up and ran to the cage and saw the funniest thing, Peanut had crawled into the Sputnik and all the other boys were fighting over who could get in there with him. So cute!

Here is where his story starts: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36535

:heart: He is so cute looks a lot like out Axe. We have a Peanut too that was smaller than that when we got him and he is now our biggest rat at over 800 grams

Yeah, I thought of your Peanut when we started calling him that, it just suits him, I mostly call him Lil' Peanut.

Mairead said:
Yeah, I thought of your Peanut when we started calling him that, it just suits him, I mostly call him Lil' Peanut.

My Peanut is my avatar - that is the day we got him. I call him Coconut now, but daddy gets mad. Your little guy is adorable and he looks so soft....

Lucky little boy. I'm so glad this had a happy ending. I wish the sale of snakes would be stopped so that these situations can't be orchestrated. Regardless, Peanut can now look forward to a wonderful life after his rough start. He is utterly adorable. :joy:

What a sweet little boy! I'm so glad your boys took him in without any fuss - he needs to feel safe. I imagine he will be much warmer in a rat pile vs. curled up with a cold-blooded buddy!

Joanne said:
What a sweet little boy! I'm so glad your boys took him in without any fuss - he needs to feel safe. I imagine he will be much warmer in a rat pile vs. curled up with a cold-blooded buddy!

Yeah I'm pretty amazed, he's been in the big cage for a while and not a peep. Last time I checked he was sitting in the food dish. The only squabbles going on are my big boys over who gets to get into the Sputnik with him.

Mairead said:
Joanne said:

Yeah I'm pretty amazed, he's been in the big cage for a while and not a peep. Last time I checked he was sitting in the food dish. The only squabbles going on are my big boys over who gets to get into the Sputnik with him.
I think that adults accept babies much more easily than other adults. Unspoken rule?

Joanne said:
Mairead said:
Joanne said:

I think that adults accept babies much more easily than other adults. Unspoken rule?

I've read that before but I've never been able to see it in action seeing as he's my first baby, it may also help that I have great, friendly rats. I like to think they knew he needed to comforted.

Bless your heart for rescuing that precious - and obviously beautiful - little man!
I wish him a long happy healthy life, and you all the joy that comes with having a kid with a long happy healthy life. He's got an angel on his shoulder, and another tending to his needs. He's well & truly Rescued!

:heart: Peanut is a really special guy, I'm so happy I posted the ad! He's only a little smaller than Robin was when he arrived at my place :)

What a good thing you were the one who got him... that sweetheart would definitely had stayed with me too!!! What a hunk!!! :thud:

You can't even start to imagine how happy I am that this little boy has such a great home now! He looks so hungry for life and fun... and so happy to have found ratty friends! Congrats to both of you!!!!

Unepuce said:
What a good thing you were the one who got him... that sweetheart would definitely had stayed with me too!!! What a hunk!!! :thud:

You can't even start to imagine how happy I am that this little boy has such a great home now! He looks so hungry for life and fun... and so happy to have found ratty friends! Congrats to both of you!!!!

Oh he definitely never would have left you, he is the cutest little guy and so sweet. I have noticed that he is a little skittish with people but he loves my 6 big boys.

What a gorgeous wee dude. So pleased for him and you! Nice, easy intros too... Wish it was always like that lol.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

xcat said:
What a gorgeous wee dude. So pleased for him and you! Nice, easy intros too... Wish it was always like that lol.

It was such a non-event it's amazing. Every time i check on them someone new is sleeping with Peanut, all my boys have staked out their favourite sleeping spots but Lil' Peanut has no restrictions he is welcome in any of them and I've found him in all of them curled up with whichever rat is closest.

Awww, what an adorable little boy that little Peanut is! I'm so glad he's getting along with everyone. sounds like he's found a wonderful home. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back