Ratty Nicknames

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SterlingRats0408

I've seen this mentioned on several posts. I'm now loving hearing all the nicknames besides the given names of everyone's ratties! My group is as follows.
Tyrion who also gets called; monkey, Tee-boy and cheeky boy
Little Boots; Leetle Boooots (high pitched) Bootsy, Yittle Booots
Kitty-Puff; Puff Puff, Puffy girl, powder puff
Mellow; Mellow girl, Melly
Tatter; Tat, Fat Tat (she's chubby)
Tilly; Tillers, Tils
Delphi; Duffy lol not sure why
Dita; Deets

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Awww Those are great!! :heart: So cute!!
Ripley- Rip, lee lee, Zippy Rippy *high pitched*
Deacon- Deeky, cheeky deeky, cuddles

And both are often called my BEE BEEIES *High pitched* or snookums, or cuddle bugs, or squishies. lol I embarrass them so much :laugh4:

Aww, I call all of my rats "turds", for some reason. There's multiple varieties such as:
Smelly Turds
Turdulus Rex
Turdulus Maximus
Queen Turd(Matilda)
Matilda-Poop
Oreo-Poop
Ratatouille-Poop
NoName-Turd
Charlotte-Baby
First Two Turds
:giggle:

Then there is a whole array of insulting names said in a cutesy, sweet voice:
Fat, Smelly, Disease-Ridden Rrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaats
Greasy Rrraats
Flea-Infested, Plague-Spreading, Oxbow-Stealing Rodents

:thumbup:

Taffy: taffus rattus, laffy taffy, taffleton
Daisy: lazer daizer, crazy daisy, daze
Jellybean: jelly, jells, jellers, jellz bellz (usually said to the tune of hells bells), jelly belly, beanie, beanie weenie, jellster
Violet: Vio, letti, ViFi, vi

For some reason I started adding the suffix "-face" to all of their names. "Benji-face" etc. They also get called monkeys quite a lot.

Current boys get:

Disco - Discombobulator, Discotti, Disco Ball, Disco Frisco.

Pepper - Pepper Pop, Doctor Pepper, Pepsi, Popsy, Popsicle.

Lucky mostly just gets called Lucy or Fatty. I'm sure he's thrilled to be called a fat girl lol.

Chance - Chancey (Sam tells me off for calling him a Pokemon, haha) Chancer, Dancer. He used to get all sorts of mean names when he was nothing but trouble but we're friends now!

Love this thread already. :D

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

This is just beyond cute!! Love seeing all the different variations of ratty names, so adorable! Another thing I have noticed that many of us have in common is that several people (my husband and I included of course) use the HIGH PITCHED voice when calling our bubbies by their nicknames, hee hee! Marc and I do that ALL the time! :giggle:

Awww, ha ha! I can totally imagine how that probably sounded! He loved his little girl so much, didn't he? :heart:

Still waiting for him to really bond with another one of them. He loves Little Boots. But still don't see the spark he had with his Peachy girl!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yeah...there are no two relationships alike with people and ratties. They are always so individual and different. We all have our special soft spots for our heart rats, no matter how much we love all our fur kids. I am sure Peaches was very, very special to him. :cuddle:

I do this too, and it really confuses my poor mom, who tries her best to remember their names. XD

Hermey : Herm-Herm, Hermy-Squirmy, Hermitage, Squirmitage

Shiloh : Shy-Shy, Shiloh-mese

Cinna : Cinna-bear, Cinna-monster

Durdle : He doesn't really have a nickname XD

Yeah, Durdle is a fabulous nickname AND regular name all on its own! I love it!

(Knowing me, I would end up calling him things like Durdle Purdle Puddin' Pie or something!) :wink:

Durdle, what a weird and wonderful name. Where did you get it from?

I would love to know where that name came from too!

Xcat, by the way, I know I have already commented on this, but holy cow, every single time you make a post, I just stare and stare at that beautiful picture of (I forgot his name again!) on your avatar picture, and I cannot remember ever seeing anything as adorable as that photo of him with his big sweet paddle feet up sort of by his face..in that position that looks like he just lost his balance, but you said no, that is how he was just relaxing! It just MELTS me every time. I want to cuddle his beautiful belly and kiss his footies.....I LOVE that photo!! :thud:

This thread is so much fun to read. Great and funny nicknames so far guys, everyone's imagination runs wild with silly-ness lol!

My rats as a group just get called "ratties" (very high pitched with the R rolled)
I also have my rattie calls all very high pitched and quite obnoxious lol
1. deep deep or beep beep
2. weep weep (all most like roadrunner)
3. diboo diboo or deeboo deeboo

Now on to their nicknames
Crazy, is also Crazy lady, lady lady, fatty and patience (as she has none)
Galaxy is also called galaxy-boy, gally gally, gally-wag (like scallywag), bug eyes or my bug eyed boy!
Moon is also called Moony, Moony moon, moony moony and crescent moon (as he's a skinny slinky boy) I do also say to him one day you'll be a full moon a squishy man rat.

Thanks, Vladina! That's Disco. I'll give him a big, squishy cuddle for you. :giggle:

This might take a little while lets see: I call them our Nuggets, Little Nuggets, the babies, Love Nuggets, Chunk Monks, and our boys.

Our first group we call "The Boys" or "The Big Boys" they are made up of

Mr. Curley (RIP) AKA: Curley, Curls, Needy Man
Mr. Finn (RIP) AKA: Finny, Finnetty, Bobble Head boy
Mr. Bumbles - AKA: Bums, Bobble Head boy
Mr. GMC - AKA: Gym C
Mr. Kona - AKA: Kones, Kona Balona

Our second group we call "The Destructo Seven" or "The Medium Boys" they are made up of

Throtttle - AKA: Throttle Waddle, Mr. Throttle (although we try to keep the Mr. titles for our distinguished older boys"
Axe - AKA: Akatakis, Mr. Axe
Popper - AKA: Popperski, Mr. Popper
Snickers - AKA: Snicks, Attitude Boy, Mr. Snickers
Grumpy- AKA: Grumps, Mr. Grumpy
Oliver - AKA: Oliverski, Mr. Oliver
Peanut - AKA: Coconut, Jaba, Mr. Peanut

Our third group we call "The Trio" or "The Little Boys" they are made up of

Lovee - doesn't really have a nickname
Jack - also doesn't really have nickname
Sebastian - AKA: Little Man, Special, The Bachelor (since he now lives on his own)

Back