Renamed: Violet & Cleo ! New Cleo pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulipgirl

It's true!

I had went to the pet store gung ho in getting a black bear hamster, and I ended up getting two rats, one I gave back because she was extremely mean, and kept the other, her name was Zazu, and she was pregnant, oops!

I kept one baby, named her Pocha (short for Pocahontas)

She grew to be almost 3, but had gotten rapidly growing tumors and had to be euthanized.

She was my girl. I haven't had a rat since who loved me so much, I miss her all the time and it's been 2 years, maybe 3. No one has filled her void quite yet.

Last year after moving into an apartment and going back to school, I adopted two sisters, Violet and Olive Oil. in March.

[img=left:3j99m4u8]https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/282670_375125515870345_1338188123_n.jpg[/img:3j99m4u8]
415333_303757966340434_997900013_o.jpg

Violet grew to be outgoing, friendly, didn't nip, less sick, and Olive the opposite of Violet.

Olive eventually got more sick, and started getting tumors let and right, first one, then 4 in a few days, and had to be euthanized. Violet in the beginning was depressed, still ate but wasn't herself. So after a month or so I got Cleo, Cleo is the sick one I posted a thread about somewhere in ER. She's cute, has dumbo ears which I wanted, and I think she looks like a raccoon. I named her Cleo after the fish in Pinocchio !

I probably will post all of my funny photos here when I get them unless there is a different place.

Here during out time for Violet.. she stole my oat bar.. out of the wrapper and hid under the paper holder thing. Was pretty funny.

[img=left:3j99m4u8]https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1460059_584944634888431_1631070702_n.jpg[/img:3j99m4u8]

Anyway, I have a dog named Ellie who is almost 5, and has three legs because of an accident, and also a saltwater fish tank!

Welcome to the Shack. :) I find rats much more interactive than hamsters, but then again, it has been almost 40 years since I had hamsters! LOL

Joanne said:
Welcome to the Shack. :) I find rats much more interactive than hamsters, but then again, it has been almost 40 years since I had hamsters! LOL

I agree! I didn't even like rats per se until I got one. I still don't like outside ones they're different.. somehow.. lol! Thanks for Welcoming me! I have owned rats for like 4 years and just now joined a forum, geez!

Nice to meet you and your ladies.
I'm sure many of us have that special rat that we just can't forget and fill that void. Mine was Ness.

jorats said:
Nice to meet you and your ladies.
I'm sure many of us have that special rat that we just can't forget and fill that void. Mine was Ness.

Thank you, and yeah I have it with all sorts of animals. The cat that my mom got me when I was 2 years old died last year, she was 22 about, it's still really hard and it's been over a year. And I don't think i'll ever get another dog when my current one goes. (She has three legs, and is almost 5, plus a bigger breed so her life span is shortened :( )

Cleo is such a ball of energy I'm not sure she ever sleeps ... Here she is trying to get the cheese. She's ADD I swear so she comes back to it for like two seconds haha.
a5eregad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a cute pic I took, had to make the photo subject sit still with a sampling of cheese.
y9etu9at.jpg

And here's a panorama of our playing space, it looks blah
jyre5e8u.jpg

7utegery.jpg

Cleo following violet then violet gets annoyed and chases Cleo. It's pretty funny.

And here is a front pick for Joanne of Cleo's markings
qepudy8a.jpg

Violets injured nail is black so should fall off soon. Doesn't look infected.

Back