Sterling's Rescue Doors *Open*!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SterlingRats0408

I was given a request to start a thread just for pictures of my rats.
I have 3 currently but I am planning on growing my crew.
I have Sterling, an almost 2 yr old Dumbo eared male. (intact)
Peach who is 13 months who is a mocha colour
Kitty-Puff (named by 6GirlMischief's very blessed son) who is approx. 4 months old.
I just got Kitty-Puff a few days ago. Already she is blossoming and coming along to trust hands.
Peach has been a great help. Such a mothering type. Always makes sure little Puff has a snack and is warm and cozy.
Sterling loves watching over his girls from afar. Too much time with them wears him out. FAST.
I will continue to post, at least once a week an updated photo as my family of rats grows and the personalities come together!

Peach and Kitty-Puff snuggled up in the 'refurbished' cuddler bed
ajetase9.jpg

Puff getting more brave to check out what the fingers might hold for a treat
5eradube.jpg

Sterling coming out for snacks
de6asedy.jpg

Peach setting up her shredded paper and tissues on cleaning day.
re4anepu.jpg

Sterling helping with his cage setup
vu6a8aru.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

va7apabu.jpg
thanks to everyone who suggested organic baby wipes for baths. Sterling is polished up and has never looked better!

And already rat #4!! Meet the newest member. Thinking she looks like a marshmallow but I'd like input maybe from mr rat whisperer 6girlmischief's son!
uma3yram.jpg

They are all adorable!! Honey came to mind when I saw your new baby, but I'm definiately not the rat whisperer :giggle:

Thanks. I have a little girl named honey that I am adopting (as long as everything goes through) end of the month:D

She's so outgoing. Her name is marshmallow, mellow for short because it's total opposite of her personality. Her and Puff are snuggled up. Her and Peach have some hashing out to do. She's such a strong personality, Peach is a little put off.

Thanks all! I am in love with them all. And Joanne if you watch sterling with the girls he haa NO interest in mating. Peach is always trying to get him excited he always just looks unimpressed with her. He's also so fragile in his health. The respiratory infection is gone but he had it so long he still wheezes and grunts a lot. I'm hesitant at his almost 2 yr old age that it would be an undue stress in him

Yeah, elective surgeries at that age aren't a good idea.
I hope he doesn't have a good day and get your girlies preggo! I saw my NEUTERED boy mount a new addition to the fold during intros, and he was quick as a wink!

I have the spca in the loop of my rat friendly home so I may hopefully get another male for him. If not then I will take a trip to a place I know sells live feeders and they have had dumbos before

Try n save a life! I don't like supporting them but at least purchasing a rat that would otherwise meet his demise :(

I have some awesome news! I was contacted by the spca here and they have two young (approx 6 mos) females that were seized from a drug house that need a new forever home! I will be picking them up tomorrow. They are being vet checked today. I guess dispite how they were found they are very sweet and outgoing. Will post pics soon! For now here is one of Kitty-Puff and Sterling playing
3ebe7uze.jpg

Today brings a rough day. I feel sterling is losing his battle with old age and the respiratory problems. He's breathing very hard and just wants snuggles today
2eny5ypy.jpg

I will post an in memorium but sterling left us today. Curled up in my arms in his fleece blankie. He snuggled in and Just let go. I know he isn't sick anymore but I will sure miss him! Sterling Archer Silver January 12 2012-October 28 2013

Back