Babies from Litter of 11 - 3 1/2 years later RIP Sabrina Pg 2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

So I went to get a couple of boys from this girl who was giving her ratlets away. The cage was incredibly active, with babies climbing all over the place. It turns out they are 6 1/2 weeks old, and she wasn't concerned that they needed to be separated at 5 weeks. So, I ended up taking a couple of boys, and a couple of girls. I just didn't want them to get preggo...although worst case scenario, they already are(!) The mom is a smeeze, so I don't know if the PEWs will stay PEWs or turn smeeze too. How soon would I be able to tell? Daddy is a black hoodie.
Anyway, last night the boys got one cage and the girls got a separate one. They are incredibly active, and hard to get ahold of sometimes!!!!
I brought them home in my hamster cage which is great for transportation!
P10007441.jpg

They don't have names yet, but here they are:
The boys:
P10007481.jpg

P10007511.jpg

And the girls:
P10007521.jpg

P10007491.jpg

The girls in their sleeping bag:
P10007531.jpg

And the boys in their hut:
P10007541.jpg

Anyway, now I have to figure out what their names are...
Oh yes, and they are booked for their spays and neuters. Hopefully they won't be separated too long...

Congrats on the new additions, fingers crossed they aren't preggo....were you able to talk some sense into the girl and get her to separate them? Also if they are going to smeeze I think they should start to molt soon.

When I mentioned separating the boys and girls, she really didn't seem to care; she seemed aware that they could get preggo. Any that she couldn't find homes for she was going to give to the pet store. I didn't want to piss her off by pushing it.
I'm gambling that my girls are OK. They were 6 1/2 weeks old, so hopefully..........time will tell.
They seem much healthier than I initially thought they were. Full of beans, and so fast!
And we now have names:
Black hoodie girl: Sabrina
PEW girl: Ellie
Black hoodie boy: Dudley
PEW boy: Calvin
Tonight they got oatmeal with bananas and grapes. I'm hoping they will enjoy some new foods.
:)

You might want to email her to send pics and an update on te babies
and push the info. .....
I emailed her but she was less then receptive.
She might listen to you ....

How many babies are left? Any ideas on sexes?
Hope someone can scoop them up so no more pregnancies.
She is claiming she purchased the mom already pregnant.

I would assume that she must still have 7 babies. I think that most of them were boys. There is at least one female that I picked and then put back, there may be another. They were so active it was hard to know which ones you just put down and picked up again.
I don't think there's much point in trying to talk to her as she's already lying to you so you'll leave her alone...

Dahlas said:
Your babies are beautiful......makes me tempted to go get a couple kids....but I have enough on the go right now....
Awww, just go and rescue the females, I'm sure there's just one or two.....
A short drive to Dartmouth....
One of the girls has a cute spot on her belly (black hoodie)....

Well, I was planning on posting an update with just some good news that all four of my ratties are still with me in their 28th month!
Here is a picture of Dudley and Calvin:

IMG_0549_zpsac9272cb.jpg

And Sabrina and Ellie Mae:

IMG_0485_zpsa87dc13b.jpg

The boys both have HED, and are slowing down a bit, but otherwise everyone was doing well. The last couple of days I noticed that Dudley's right paw was knuckling over a bit, and thought gee, does he have a PT starting? Then I did an exam of that arm yesterday and wondered how I could have possibly missed this:

IMG_0546_zps2a6dee77.jpg

I am just so disappointed and sad........
It is a very firm swelling around his right upper arm and shoulder, either bone or muscle. (Read: probable tumour, not treatable.) I will be watching him very closely, and as soon as he starts to show signs of pain he will be PTS. :(

I am so sorry ....

Such sweethearts :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thanks for the update ... such lucky little ratties to have such a wonderful life with you

They become such beautiful babies! I'm sorry that this has happened:) but reflect on the amazing life you were able to give them:) they all look so happy and in peace with you:)

Well today was a sad day as we helped Sabrina cross over to the Bridge to be with her brothers and sisters. The last couple of days she has been semi-comatose, but doggedly hung on. She made it to her 43 month, so she definitely has been with me the longest. RIP my love, give kisses to Dudley, Calvin and Ellie Mae. :heart:

Back