The Rat Shack > All About Rats > RPOM > Would love this communities help for educational opportunity

Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
SterlingRats0408

Liked 610 Times on 490 Posts

Default Would love this communities help for educational opportunity

I have been invited to our local Kids Festival. I have been asked to bring an assortment of animals from rats to degus to guinea pigs.
I would love creative ideas to make educational displays for the rats as this is a great opportunity to change the minds of adults and educate children on how wonderful rats are.
The guinea pig community has already thrown out some great ideas for them but I am looking for bright, creative easy to understand information boards on rats. I will be taking Odin, Porter, Krieger and Wee-boy as well as Aggie and Sweetie. Covers pretty much every variety of rat found locally (dumbo, nakie, solid black, PEW...wish I still had a rexi!)
We are limited to space so one board per type of animal is all I can do. So I was thinking either doing 'Fun facts' or a 'Myths about rats' board, maybe making it a game of true or false.
Anyway any ideas would be helpful! I want to make as much of an impact as I can in educating the future pet owners of this community.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2015, 01:14 AM   #2
Joanne
RATS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1545 Times on 1229 Posts
Likes Given: 97

I would probably do the facts board, as I don't know if there are enough myths to fill a board. Or do both on the same board.
When I am trying to explain pet rats vs. wild rats to people, I tell them it is like comparing dogs to wolves. You certainly aren't going to pet a wolf! They can grasp that analogy.
Good luck - thinking stuff up is the hardest part! I'm sure you will have lots of fun.
and my failed foster babies: Rhys, Dewi, Morgan, Bobi, Beti and Lili!
Petunia Likes This 
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook