The Rat Shack > Rats, Keep Out! > Garage Sale > Free cages in NS

Help Support Ratshack Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
Joanne

Liked 1546 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Default Free cages in NS

Hi everyone,
It has been a long time since I was here. I am now taking a break from rats and want to give away my cages and rat stuff. I have a Double Critter Nation, a Hagen cage 16" x 25" x 24" high, and two small cages I used for transport. The DCN is several years old so has a bit of rust in the odd area where the powder coat has come off, but is overall in good shape. I also have extra ramps and shelves (to make it easier for oldies). I don't want to throw this stuff in the garbage so I'm hoping someone will be able to use it.
I am located in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.

and my failed foster babies: Rhys, Dewi, Morgan, Bobi, Beti and Lili!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
SQ
Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

Liked 529 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 1337

If there isn't anyone here close enough to take advantage of your offer, you might see if there are any shelters in NS that take in rats and might appreciate your donation for the use of rats.

Cindy Hannah Caleb Nettie Lois Andy Jordan Lyman Adam Noah Monroe Corrie Jonathan Ralphie Artie Burrell David Ruthie Debbie Marsha Noel Dandelion Toofer-Jane Gracie Charlotte Jacob Faith Leona-Francis Elizabeth Sammuel Mark Eli Robin Rebecca Mary-Lymanette Paul Peter Betsie Sandy Luke Hope Esther-May Joey Johnny Joy Leah Nicole Jessie Laurel Naomi Raine Rhubarb Buddy Maria Casper Sarah Lunar Jubilee Sunny Gus Isaac Daniel Rachael Aaron Zachary Jonah Eve Lydia Sol Petit Grisse Judy Molly Moses

Old 11-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
Joanne

I have been checking with some rescues, but still no luck in finding anyone. Do you have any particular places to suggest?

Old 11-07-2017, 02:13 AM   #4
SQ

Unfortunately, I am not aware of anything in NS except feeder breeders, one of whom in Truro occasionally masquerades as a rescue.

Lilspaz68 and a few others may know of someone as they know many people.

Edit: I messaged a few people
Cindy Hannah Caleb Nettie Lois Andy Jordan Lyman Adam Noah Monroe Corrie Jonathan Ralphie Artie Burrell David Ruthie Debbie Marsha Noel Dandelion Toofer-Jane Gracie Charlotte Jacob Faith Leona-Francis Elizabeth Sammuel Mark Eli Robin Rebecca Mary-Lymanette Paul Peter Betsie Sandy Luke Hope Esther-May Joey Johnny Joy Leah Nicole Jessie Laurel Naomi Raine Rhubarb Buddy Maria Casper Sarah Lunar Jubilee Sunny Gus Isaac Daniel Rachael Aaron Zachary Jonah Eve Lydia Sol Petit Grisse Judy Molly Moses

Last edited by SQ; 11-07-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:27 AM   #5
SQ

a person on NS rat site suggested that you contact the SPCA as they take in pet rats and would likely appreciate a cage for small pets such as pet rats

Old 11-15-2017, 02:04 AM   #6
Joanne

The SPCA will be taking the cages. Thanks for the suggestion!

jorats Likes This 

Tags
cage, free