Rat keeps picking at sore

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Causticdreams

I'm about to lose my mind trying to get this damn sore to heal everytime it starts to look good he picks it raw again and I tried the wrap technique and he did nothing but freak out and try to get out of it so I said screw it I've been wiping it with witch hazel and putting antibiotic cream on it but I'm wondering if a liquid bandage work the sore is near his eye so it's easily accessible and I'm not sure what the hell to do I've also been cutting his nails.

I have him in a cone now and he is miserable it's not infected I'll get a pic later he just wouldn't leave it alone I feel horrible but I'd like to know how often I should feed him I'm going to get childrens ibuprofen I've been trying to comfort him and keep him busy it's just hard to see him this way

I agree, he needs to see a vet and get necessary meds etc
if it is bothering him that much

My Pumpkin now has several bare areas that she has been bothering, trying a topical ointment from the vet and will likely do pain management as well as like with your boy, it must really be bothering her too

good luck

Back