Silent Spinner

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't want to support the stores that sell pets too much and wasn't sure what other options I may have, like ordering online.

Oh nono, not at all. I mean that if petsmart or pj's sells them I want to avoid them. I also wasn't sure if 25$ was too much or not.

$25 sounds like a very good deal to me. Here, back when we could get them in a store, they were about $39. I recently paid $60 for two of them ordered from the US, which included the shipping.

Almost everyone of my rats have used the wheel at one time or another. Even the old rescues that were limited to a small hamster cage figured it out.
Melissa, I'm not sure if it's advisable to have a Silent Spinner for mom with babies in the cage? Or maybe it's just my paranoia seeping through.

It took some of my rats up to 3 months to figure out what the wheel was for.... but now they all use it. Even the big boys get on and toddle on the silent spinner once in awhile. Unfortunately even the 12" is too small for them to move comfortably or get up any kind of pace -- I think thats why my males don't use it as much as the females.

My females run in it aaaall night long.

I would love to get a 15" chinchilla wheel or such for the cage but I just can't afford the prices they go for.... I can't pay $80 for a wheel!

jorats said:
Almost everyone of my rats have used the wheel at one time or another. Even the old rescues that were limited to a small hamster cage figured it out.
Melissa, I'm not sure if it's advisable to have a Silent Spinner for mom with babies in the cage? Or maybe it's just my paranoia seeping through.
I will take it out once the babies are mobile. She has them piled in a huge mountain of carefresh and newspaper. :tongue:

jorats said:
Oh man...Melissa... :pics?!?: :stickpoke:
It's nothing that cute. It's just a big carefresh mountain with newspaper on top... you can't see the babies, they are hidden. It's so cute though watching her come out of the mountain... ok, FINE, it is cute. :lol2:

Back