URGENT: Two boys needing home or foster

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnieflower

Usually when I rescue rats I plan to keep them if they cannot find homes. These boys I wasn't suppose to take as the person told me they had an cage for the boys to stay in but when I picked up the girls(their sisters), they mentioned they were leaving the boys is a small plastic storage bin for the night since it wasn't air tight. Obviously I didn't think about it and offered to take them.

Sterling is suppose to take them and I'm still super happy with that because I know she will take great care of them. But I want to atleast try to find them a home without females asap if possible.

They were ok at first but being with so many girls has started to drive them crazy. The larger male is starting to hump me. He's also biting. He is attacking his cage mate (who is a nakie) and I feel horrible for him.I really cant afford their neuters, I have three rabbits to get neutered right now. I know its because of all of the females, when he they were separate they we fine. But now I don't have room to have them in a different room. They really are amazing boys when they don't have females around.

If anyone would like to have them please let me know. :)

2ir4rvq.jpg

I am working dilligently on transport for these two. My car is in the shop right now and I am working on the gas $$ and time to travel the 3 hrs to T.O.

Is there anyone who can meet me on Woodstock/Ingersoll area to take my girls to Toronto and bring the boys from Toronto with MinnieFlower to me to swap?
Free mornings and thursday/friday

I sucked it up and I'm going to have to do the trip myself. I have 2other boys waiting in Burlington to be picked up tomorrow as well. So 4 girls out, 4 boys in as I work toward being a male majority!

Everyone is here now (4 BIG hunky rat men)
Yoshi(the big black berk) and Wally(the hunky nakie) that Minnieflower so lovingly and patiently interim fostered for me and U.B. and Ollie who are big hunky PEWs.
They all decided lastnight they were cage mates. No intro needed. I was setting up the cage and after Ollie climbed in the others followed. Other then some territory over the hammock which was U.B. and Ollie's which has only resulted in a few swats and stare downs they're all good. Only thing is the cage was only enough for 2 so now I need to rearrange some things and make some room.
Poor nakie boy didn't have a name but leave it to the rat daddy to come up with one quickly. He is Wally, named because he is so chubby and he has chubby cheeks and big whiskers like a walrus

Last edited:
I got your text a few minutes ago. :) I'm glad he finally has a name, hes such a cutie. Your four girls had a similar experience, they wanted to be in the baby pack so badly I put them in for a few minutes and they are in love! I'm so glad this worked out. :)

They are super friendly girls. They looove babies! Especially Peanut, probably makes her feel big! Haha little Peanut!
I'm glad they are enjoying their new friends and home!

Back