Stewart - not doing well

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

I really thought I started a thread on him, but I cannot find it. Last month he was diagnosised with a heart arrithymia and put on enalapril for that. He also has a strange growth/abscess on his side so he was on chloropalm for that which ended a couple days ago. He's on a few herbals too - his back end has also been going out on him.

Last couple days he's been weak, lots of porphyfin on his face/front paws, large penis plugs and cheesy stuff coming out those penis shafts. Didn't want breakfast this am. He has a follow up appointment on Tuesday.

At this point I'm fighting to keep both him and Tucker alive...

Well this was a wasted thread! When I got home Stewart was unresponsive, soaked in urine, and having continual seizures. So I initially thought he had a stroke, but he also had a bludging eye which reminded he that last week I thought he was showing some PT symptoms. Pushing food with his head, not taking food out of food dish, and only grabbing food with his left paw. The pupil looked blown to me, but he does have two different color eyes. Anyway, I cleaned him up and headed to the vet with his harem to have him pts. When we got there he was barely breathing, purple, still having seizures. As soon as I signed the paperwork he had a big seizure and stopped breathing. So I stayed there with him until they confirmed his heart stopped (wasn't long). His harem however, wanted nothing to so with him - this is the first time I could not get cage mates to say good bye. My Stew Stew Bird died on his own so I only had to pay for his cremation - thank you Stewie... Rest well my boy - play freely and don't be scared of boy ratties... Mommy and Daddy ♡ you

Well this was a wasted thread! When I got home Stewart was unresponsive, soaked in urine, and having continual seizures. So I initially thought he had a stroke, but he also had a bulging eye which reminded he that last week I thought he was showing some PT symptoms. Pushing food with his head, not taking food out of food dish, and only grabbing food with his left paw. The pupil looked blown to me, but he does have two different color eyes. Anyway, I cleaned him up and headed to the vet with his harem to have him pts. When we got there he was barely breathing, purple, still having seizures. As soon as I signed the paperwork he had a big seizure and stopped breathing. So I stayed there with him until they confirmed his heart stopped (wasn't long). His harem however, wanted nothing to so with him - this is the first time I could not get cage mates to say good bye. My Stew Stew Bird died on his own so I only had to pay for his cremation - thank you Stewie... Rest well my boy - play freely and don't be scared of boy ratties... Mommy and Daddy ♡ you

It was a stroke, now I wonder if he was showing early signs last week when he wasn't using his right paw.

Back