Hamilton - 2 female rats need gone ASAP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattymouse

I came across this ad today for someone needing two rats gone ASAP in Hamilton. They are two older females and two younger males.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-small-animal...age-and-accessories-need-gone-asap/1139086010

Rats with cage and accessories NEED GONE ASAP

ratshamiltonkajijiadfeb2016_02-435.jpg

ratshamiltonkajijiadfeb2016_03-436.jpg

ratshamiltonkajijiadfeb2016_04-437.jpg

I'm not sure of there ages, 2 are around 2 years(females) and the other two are under a year old(males) there are 2 females and 2 males, they have been together for about 3 months, they are not pregnant as I'm sure they know each other as family. They are in the same cage as they have been for months. I am willing to let them go separately but only in pairs. They are very friendly, as they have been held since day one. The cage is 3 levels and has a toy, a homemade tunnel, a homemade hammock and 2 houses. They come with there cage and water bottle, as well as everything in the cage. There names are angel (white) mischief (white) spot (white/dark brown) and peanut (white/light brown). Angel knows her name pretty good, but the other 3 don't really know there names so you are able to change them if you'd like. I have spend well over $200 on them; so I am asking $50. They must be picked up as I do not drive. I love them dearly, but I do not have the time for them any more as I got a new job. I need them gone asap, please text or email me:) 2894893359

Date Listed 09-Feb-16 Price $40.00
Address Lottridge St, Hamilton, ON L8L, Canada

Last edited:
I found this part quite worrisome. Does this person not know that rats can get pregnant as young as 5 weeks?

"there are 2 females and 2 males, they have been together for about 3 months, they are not pregnant as I'm sure they know each other as family."

I also found a phone number listed with one of their other ads here http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pet-services...on/1135997791?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

call or text me if you're interested please !
289 489 3359

I was thinking that perhaps Guelph Rat Save could take them in. I know someone who is able to do transport if needed. Until then if the rats could be gotten from the ad poster, would just need someone to foster them and a second cage to keep the males separate from the females in. If it costs money to get the rats I could re-emburse just to get them to a rescue.

My friend was able to get the four rats with a cage and supplies for them and also two dwarf hamsters that were being offered as pets or snake food by the ad poster. =^.^=

That was some nice work Rattymouse. :congrats::congrats::congrats

Last edited:
Back