Bin cages for rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxymachado

So I just got a pair of lovely girls. I haven't had a rat in over ten years, and my old rats were f tee range, who only slept in the cage. I work all day so these ones will be spending a lot of time in there cage. The cage I got is too small, I wanted to make a bin cage, and needed some advise on the matter. This is a rough sketch for what I want to do:

Screenshot_2017-12-07-16-07-44.jpg

Last edited:
13 x 18 is too small for a couple of adult rats. It will do for babies but once they get to 6 months old they will need a larger one. A good size cage would be 18" x 30" and give it some height for an extra level.

I figured that out as soon as I put it together, I paid $50 bucks for it and I love the bin ideas. I only see people use the bin for hamsters, so I was going to make one with two extra large bin with more wire than plastic. I was going to stack those than on top of that a medium bin that will be more like a hallway platform to the actual cage, which will be third full floor. I'm planning on decking it out. I'm just wondering if that sounds fit for a pair of girls?

Back