Sprained Ankle

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie_0599

I went on a vacation for two days. I told the pet sitter to not even bother with the rats as I had filled them up on water and food before I left. (I actually locked my bedroom door from the inside too). I just got back and my naked girl Louise is limping pretty badly and her front left leg is severely swollen.

I've been reading and looking at pictures and based on that it looks like it might be sprained??

View attachment 5126

View attachment 5127

I read that children's Motrin is good to use. I don't know about dosage though. She weighs 164 grams.

Please help out!! Thanks!

Poor little one. She's tiny at just 164 grams. Do you have the concentration of your motrin? like 200mg/5ml? If that's the amount, then she can have .08 every 6 hours. That should help for sure.

Thank you so much!! She's about 7 months old but she's always been real tiny. I've been trying to get her fattened up but to no avail. I actually haven't bought the Motrin yet so I'll look for something with that concentration for her. Thank you again!

Back