How to change a rats cage with a scared rat inside?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imjessiegee

My ratties that have been with me since Friday haven't been changed yet. I've spot cleaned..... but haven't changed. One of them is good outside, it will let me pick it up and hold it outside the cage. But then there's the other, I've only just got it too come out it's hide for some banana baby food on a long spoon TODAY!!! It has bitten me on the finger quite hard, but it's a PEW, some I'm assuming it didn't mean it because it thought my hand was a giant scary monster. How can I change the cage with that one? It runs away and stresses out so I haven't touched it since Friday of last week?

Yeah best way is to get the little one in a box from the cage so you can clean. Then you can gradually work on trust. I might mention too that PEW are super blind so he may be feeling very intimidated from all the newness around him. I'm glad he has a patient pet parent that wants to work with him.

Yeah best way is to get the little one in a box from the cage so you can clean. Then you can gradually work on trust. I might mention too that PEW are super blind so he may be feeling very intimidated from all the newness around him. I'm glad he has a patient pet parent that wants to work with him.

I was told by the shop that he had super bad eyesight, and that was also proved by him biting me before. He's getting better though, can tolerate me being around when he's out and does sniff up towards me a lot more for treats!! [emoji16]

Back