• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SQs snuggly hammocks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
As many people are aware, I have been involved in rat rescue for many years. I am now selling hammocks so I have money to put towards vet bills (4 spays, 1 neuter & various meds), as well as costs associated with fostering two young mamas (still babies) and their 26 newborn babies.

I am asking $15 each per SQ's imperfect snuggly hammocks. Shipping costs are extra.
Please pm me if you are interested in purchasing a hammock (I am in NB Canada).
I am new at this so comments would be appreciated

Today I have 3 hammocks for sale:

1. Loveable lambs is a cotton pattern with a snuggly fleece interior. SOLD
The top is approximately 25 cm (10 in) by 27.5 cm (10.5 in)

2. Barry Bear is a yellow fleece hammock made for those ratties who love to burrow inside to snuggle.
It is 32 cm (13 in) by 34 cm (13.25 in). The width of the hole is approx. 12 cm (4.75 in).

3. Pretty in Pink is a completely fleece hammock SOLD
It is approximately 29 cm (11.5 in) by (38 cm) 15 in

Last edited:
Adorable. I love pocket hammocks and bunk beds too, they're my ratties favourites. I've been making my own for a while but am just starting to make them to sell to support rescue. I also think you should charge a bit more. But play it by ear and see how it goes then adjust price as needed.

It's a good way to recycle as well, since I don't like using new material for mine I find good deals on kijiji and Craigslist of old sheets and blankets and materials to upcycle. Value Village is good too.

I like the use of cute patches, as I've found a lot of solid colour fleece and thought I'd sew on stars of hearts etc to make it interesting.

When I see pocket hammocks I tend to do it with one pocket side larger than the other so that it's like a little bed.

Lovely adorable rattie-approved hammocks you've made. ^.^

These are amazing! I always love seeing more people make hammocks. Everyone seems to have their own approach with style, and I ADORE your style! They look so soft and cozy. Plus, the patches make them so adorable. Your seams look awesome too!

It's so great to see that you're raising money for rescues, too. That is the best part. I agree that you could raise prices, especially since you are in Canada and fabric is more expensive there.

Did you buy patches, or make them yourself by appliqueing layers of fabric? I'm super curious if you made them yourself. I need to learn that.

Thanks for the comments ...... sorry to disappoint but the bear and the sweet little piggy hammocks are made from fleece baby blankets and the patches came sewn on the blankets.
I have a limited number of baby blankets and since you can no longer purchase them (not around here anyway), they are definitely limited editions.

Peanuts themed hammocks for winter fun.
There are 4 of each type of hammock. They are each cotton on red fleece.
Double decker hammocks are $17 each and the flats are $6 - $7 each.
Special deal, purchase 1 double decker and 1 flat for $20.
(2 sets sold, 2 of each type of hammock remaining)
Shipping extra

Last edited:
The baby Bunny fleece hammock is thick and snuggly. $18
It is approx 15 inches long, as can be seen in the picture next to the 15 inch ruler.
Shipping extra

Last edited:
Barry Bear is a yellow fleece hammock made for those ratties who love to burrow inside to snuggle. reduced to $12
It is 32 cm (13 in) by 34 cm (13.25 in). The width of the hole is approx. 12 cm (4.75 in).

More hammocks coming soon. Please note that my prices are in Canadian dollars.
Our money is only worth a small % of US money.

Therefore the $12 Baby Bear hammock is approx. $9 US
and double decker hammocks are approx. $13 US
International mailing is more expensive, but then it is also in Canadian funds
(I used the bank of Canada to make the currency conversions)

Last edited:
They're so beautiful. Lovely designs and cleverly made. If I didn't live in the UK I'd be snapping these heavenly objects of snuggly-ness right up! I want to get in one myself!

Back