Anyone want some babies? [NS]

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BittyBoo

I already posted in the maritime thread but I recently managed to save a good number of baby rats from becoming feeders, as well as the two mothers. I'll be keeping the moms and a few babies but I need some homes for the rest, as I already have quite a few rats of my own.

I have about 7 girls, three full whites that have pink eyes. They may become darker around the nose and rump, but it's impossible to tell yet. One pale beige and white. One black hooded. One fully black and one black with a white tummy.

I have around 5 boys, beige, white and black-hooded.

They're all very tame, very sociable and -very- curious about hands. A little shy at first but really quick to open up and come give you hello nibbles.

Please help me find them some good homes as pets, they really deserve someone who will give them love, as they have plenty to give back. If you know anyone in the Halifax area, or anyone willing to travel there for some sweet new friends, PLEASE contact me either by PM here or at the email address [email protected].

Thank you for reading, and wish these little guys luck.

13418916_295292970817592_9192525276963166390_n.jpg

13442214_295292870817602_5888138666066068283_n.jpg

Beautiful babies :)

In case you are not aware, baby boys are separated from mom and sisters at 5 weeks and baby girls stay with mom until at least 6 weeks. Babies are not rehomed until 6 weeks old and need to go with at least 1 same sex sibling.

Here is a link to some info re rehoming http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23041
..... also watch out for people involved in barn ratting (a scent "sport" for dog owners that uses rats encased in tubes as objects to be "hunted" by dogs - some dog owners have brought this type of animal abuse into NS and NB)

Don't worry, we separated them the day we took them in, they're all 5-6 weeks. I know all about ratties, I've raised plenty and owned them for ages. I just need homes for some baby rescues. Thanks for the advice and links, but I'm not in need of any caretaking advice, so don't worry.

Back