Baby Food?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riana

Hi, everyone

RB's doing wonderful! He's such a sweet boy. I've been trying to switch things up and give him a few different treats a day, and we know what fruits and veggies he likes, but I was wondering about your suggestions for baby food and baby cereal.

My concern is that some baby foods have concentrated lemon juice or other similar ingredients in some of their mixes, and I know that male rats can't have citrus. Is this something you guys avoid when giving baby food, or would this be such an insignificant amount that it'd be okay? Also, are things like sweet potato and bananas okay? I know you have to be aware of giving them raw, but in baby food form would it be okay? I'm sure I'm just being overcautious!

Anything I should be aware of with baby cereal? Any recommended flavours? My old group of boys LOVED baby cereal.

Citrus is fine. D-limonene is the supposed issue which is in pulp and peel BUT it has been determined a rat would need to eat a TON of oranges to be affected by this, so feed away :)

Back