Two FREE Apps from Dr Greger at NutritionFacts.org

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
two free aps and a Quote from Dr Greger at nutritionfacts.org :

Dear Friend,

The second half of my new book (and New York Times Bestseller for the third week in a row—I'm still pinching myself!), How Not to Die, revolves around my Daily Dozen, a checklist of all the things I try to fit into my daily routine. The more I’ve researched over the years, the more I’ve come to realize that healthy foods are not necessary interchangeable. While some nutrients, such as vitamin C, are found throughout the plant kingdom, other beneficial compounds are found concentrated in certain foods, like the anti-cancer lignans in flaxseeds or the sulforaphane in cruciferous vegetables. So if we don't eat them every day we're going to miss out.

It seems like every time I come home from the medical library buzzing with some exciting new data, my family rolls their eyes, sighs, and asks, “What can’t we eat now?” Or they’ll say, “Wait a second. Why does everything seem to have parsley in it all of a sudden?” My poor family. They’ve been very tolerant.

As the list of foods I tried to include in my daily diet grew, I made a checklist and kept it on a little dry-erase board on the fridge. We would make a game out of ticking off the boxes. This evolved into my Daily Dozen. Now, thanks to the kind volunteer efforts of two software developers, including Allan at digitalboro.com, and photographer Sangeeta at kumarimages.com, no more stinky dry erase marker smell! They came up with a "Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen" smartphone app. Download the free Android app here and the free iPhone app here. I'm hoping it will serve as a helpful reminder to try to eat a variety of the healthiest foods every day. Perfect timing for all your New Year's resolutions!

Please pass along any suggestions you have to make the app more useful, and if you yourself dabble in app development, we'd love your help to take it to the next level. Like wouldn't it be cool if it had a graphing function to chart your progress, or social media sharing buttons? Maybe an Apple Watch version? If you're willing to share your ideas or talents please contact us.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nutritionfacts.dailydozen and https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr.-gregers-daily-dozen/id1060700802?mt=8

Or they’ll say, “Wait a second. Why does everything seem to have parsley in it all of a sudden?”

hahaha, I have been putting parsley in a lot of stuff lately so this cracked me up

I'm guessing apps only work on smart phones and mine is an older stupid phone hahahaha

Back