*Holistic health care and First-aid kit*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazrats

There are four Holistics that I would never be without in my rat first-aid kit.
There are others that I will add, but these four I have had amazing results with.

Homeopathic Arnica Montana 6X for immediate first-aid and 30C for chronic conditions.
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Arn
For sprains and strains, post-op swelling and pain relief

Homeopathic Lobelia 30C
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Lob
Works just like Aminophylline. Used to stop gasping attacks by rubbing it on the forehead

Homeopathic Pyrogenium 30C
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Pyrog
Gets rid of abscesses without medical intervention. Just spray it on.

Sprouting Health's Triticum aestivum
http://www.sproutinghealth.com/
Used by itself or in combination with Pyrogenium to get rid of abscesses and aids in wound healing.

Using Pyrogenium and Triticum on abscesses or wounds.
The first time I used Triticum alone was when Angel bit the toe off of Baer. Well, the toe was hanging by a bit of skin because the bone had been bit through. I sprayed Triticum on the toe to prevent infection, but imagine my surprise when the toe healed normally, healed bone, healed tissue, no scar, and left Baer with a fully functioning toe.

I tried the combination 5 more times before I was confident enough to open my mouth and tell anyone about it.

The last time I used it was when I found a lump on each of my new girls, only 4 months old, Ella and Falla. The lumps were in the armpits so I just assumed they were tumors and I resigned myself to the fact, but of course I was very upset to have girls so young getting tumors.

Three days later Falla's tumor has turned black on one side. I have nothing to loose now that her tumor has necrotized, so I sprayed it with the combo that night and in the morning it had burst and drained, it was an abscess. The girls must have been fighting with their new cage mates. Twice a day treatments for two days and Falla had healed. The same treatment with Ella and the abscess went away on it's own.

I now use the combo as a diagnostic. If a rat has a lump, I spray it with the combo. If the lump goes away, it was an abscess. If it doesn't, it's a tumor.

This is very interesting to me, as I've found that normal vet prescribed medicines sometimes just doesn't cut it anymore.

If you don't mind, I'd like to invite people to post in this thread with any questions on holistic medicines as well having a link to your site/forum.

8) I don't mind at all. Just remember, I'm not a vet, Holistic or otherwise, and I don't know everything...... yet.

I guess I should add that I had worked with a vet for a time, and I'm so keen on conventional and holistic medicine that I absorb whatever information comes my way, or what I see in the numerous vet programs that I watch. It seems to be an instinct or a niche for me to know stuff. I was going to be a vet until I worked for one. It was then that I found out that my compassion would interfere with my professionalism, and I couldn't take the down-side of being a vet.

I'm someone who has been using holistic medicine on my animals (cats, dogs, horse, rats) for 20 years and I've seen some pretty amazing results. The rats especially, are responding to homeopathics very well.

Holistarat is my group where we discuss a lot of Holistic treatments.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistarat

spazrats

"Using Pyrogenium and Triticum on abscesses or wounds.
The first time I used Triticum alone was when Angel bit the toe off of Baer. Well, the toe was hanging by a bit of skin because the bone had been bit through. I sprayed Triticum on the toe to prevent infection, but imagine my surprise when the toe healed normally, healed bone, healed tissue, no scar, and left Baer with a fully functioning toe. "

So you use them in combination together? I have a boy that has an abcess the vet was considering lancing as it has not fully come to the surface but it feels like a blister and we know its definitely an abcsess from needle asp. Thinking maybe this stuff would be the better option as opposed to lancing it and forcing it out, maybe spraying on and letting it work out on its own would be better. Do you have any order that you use the two? Pyrogenium and triticum?

At work here so I didn't get a chance to read through all of your links, but my vet is a holistic/alternative/dvm they do normal vet med along with acupuncture and herbal therapy.

The herbs I use mostly for my rats come from the place where my vets get certified to do the holistic/herbal treatment, but some of the single herbs I can find in the human herbal store or online and are very helpful.

I use Golden Yellow for cuts/open wounds/incisions we found this from doing a search online a while back and beleive its the same thing from the vet though I have not purchased it yet:

http://www.ancientway.com/catalog/produ ... d17e13e885

Mixtures I get from the vet are the following:

Lily Combination - powdered herbal mixture that enhances cardio and lung function, all of my rats over the age of 1 yr old are allowed to have it daily (all of the doasges for herbs are vet reccomendations)

Wei Qi (pronounced "way-chee") - herbal powder, immune system support

Yin Chao (pronounced "yin-chow") - herbal powder, sinus decongestant, sold in the human herbal store and was also reccommended to me by an acupuncturist that treats humans.

Stasis breaker - powdered herbal mixture, given daily to any of my rats that develop tumors. It is supposed to inhibit growth of the current tumor and any others but causing a breakdown in the physiology of the tumor. The question for this one I get is, does it work? In my opinion it slows the growth of the tumors, does not fully stop them and it is not a preventative; if a rat does not have a tumor it is not supposed to be on this herb.

I'm always very interested in finding other routes to treat these kids as opposed to keeping them on antibiotics all the time. I've found that many of these herbs are extremely helpful. Going to be investing in some more holistic treatments I see :D . I'm glad to know there are others out there interested in this, because it seems like whenever I bring it up people are EXTREMELY skeptical. Thank you so much for sharing your information and look forward to talking to you more in the future!!

Jen

Hi .. sorry. posted similar info in the "health & gen care" section earlier, because user "Tara" posted a question about Colloidial silver. I was checking out info about that today, because I use it myself and began to be concerned. I ran into a website (if I may mention it) today that was full of information about it and many other natural remedies. _ http://www.all-natural.com . It is very interesting including info in "your own perfect medicine" Please check it out for a good read. I am all for natural remedies. They have helped me and my family, including my pets. I said more than a mouthful in the other post.

Back