Babies are now 13 days old and boy have we changed!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnamaz

We today is day 13 and we have really changed.... Grandma is loving each and every little surprise....
So far we seem to be 5 girl's and 11 boys.. We have 2 hooded, 7 beige's and 7 pews!!! We are doing all kinds of exploring in our cage and under supervision outside our cage! (lots of handeling. :giggle: ) 3 of us have our eye's open and the rest should be very soon. We have started to nip a little, but our teeth are so small it feels more like a tickle.... :giggle: We girl's are showing nipples and us boys are, well you know.. :wink: We are loving our fur colors that are coming in and grandma has had to resort to coloring coding us girl's so she know who is who.... So far we have named the girl's only.. We are Angel Cakes, (Beige), Serge, (Hooded), Foo-Foo, (beige), Boo-Boo (Pew) and Phebee (beige). Pics will be posted very soon... We are in the process of naming all the boys....
But for now here is a group shot from today, Easter Sunday! :happydance:

And this was taken by our daughter... Angel cakes!!!! :heart:

Lets fly dis choppa outta here.....

They are all very cute!! I love it when their fur comes in! :joy:

Edit: Are you keeping them all since you've started naming? or is that just to keep them straight?

Oh they are so cute....Look at them all cuddled in your hand. The rat Shack is over run with babies......it is so sweet.
I can't wait to see more pictures.

What are the differences between Pews and Siamese? I am wondering if I have both.... Most of the white ones have pink eyes... Im so new to babie rats... lol!! :wink:

Your beige babies appear to have shading (butts are darker then their faces) on them. This leads me to believe they are siamese. They will/should begin to show points around 8-12 weeks (I believe)...

Your PEWs will be PEWs forever if they don't develop points around the 8-12 week mark, if they do they are considered himalayan...

Or at least that is how I understood it...anyone please correct me if I am incorrect!

Their noses and butts near their tails are darker.
Their mom looks like a himalayan (imo) because in the pictures, she looks to be quite white with points.

No... :sad3: I wish I could but I just do not have the space for them. We already own 3 rats and these babies were very unexpected.. We are going to be keeping 2 girls to keep them with momma, but we are placing the others for adoption.. Just not sure how and when I should be starting the search.... :)

So here are the temporary boy names...

The "runt" (beige)
nipper (beige)
Tex (beige)
Sawdust (beige)
Niko (beige)
Tiny (hooded)
Mason (Pew/siamese)
Eko (Pew/Siamese)
Martlet (Pew/Siamese)
Huey (Pew/Siamese)
Dagoo (Pew/Siamese)

So far!!!! :):):)

Hm, your PEW in my opinion will probably be himi's, and your beige, well atleast the oens I can see in the picture actually look like smeezers to me. Interesting litter, and so cute!

Back