Bruxing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, haha, I think I'm insulted now - I've never heard them do that around me! They make grunting sounds when they're climbing on me or sniffing/licking my face but I'm not sure any have made that sound. :shock: I guess I'll have to make do with kisses!

Edit: No wait...I have heard it...it's just really infrequent. *sigh*

Thanks you guys :)

Edit 2: AHHH! The last YouTube link! The part where the rat is kinda chattering between grinding...THAT I hear all the time, is that the same thing?

Hazel is very much more forthcoming with the Bruxes then Ruby is. I know when she's been out she'll do it. But one day I was just petting her in her cage and she started and it was the first time I saw the eyes boggle. It was so cool. Now even if we don't take her out but just pay attention while she's in the cage she does it. Make me happy.

This morning I heard something really close to that grinding sound but much louder - the girls were fighting like mad. ¬¬ Apparently they have war chatters too?

Okay, so apparently I've heard them brux before. :lol: Elphie is dozing beside me like a little cat and is bruxing away. I think I always thought there was food in their mouths!

Bruxing is a lovely sound. My beloved Fergie starts bruxing as soon as I walk into the room. Pick him up for a cuddle and he vibrates he bruxes so much :love2: All of the boys brux for us, its just that Fergus is his mamas special wittle watty man :love1:

jorats said:
It's exactly like grinding your teeth... which unfortunately, I do every night. :(
I do that too Jorats :cuss: so much so that I have to wear a mouth guard and I've lost one tooth and I've had to have a root canal because of it :thumbdwn:

I was wondering about the bruxing/boggling thing myself :D My Chimo boggles his little eyes out early in the morning when I talk to him and he'll boggle when you are near the cage :lol: and Coal makes a grinding noises, like marbles are in his mouth, it weirds me out sometimes :holysheep: Glad know that it's normal :bliss:

Back