GOOD lab blocks without corn in Victoria, BC

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivianelizabeth

Helloo!
I'm new here, my rats are arriving in a few days. :)
So far i've got some 18% dog food that i'm going to be supplementing with sue bees mix,
But I want to switch to a complete lab block diet.

Trouble is, NOBODY delivers to British Columbia!!

I can order online, and ship it to Surrey, BC (my parents house )or Victoria BC. (my house)

heeellpp!

I actually use a dog food along with the Extrusion Diet. It's Natural Balance Vegetarian. Protien is 18% It has no soy and such in it but that is why I have the Extrusion and seed mix in it aswell. The ingredients are great in the food..

High protein is bad for our ratties, you should try to keep protein low, fat low, no sugar, no salt :)

I would rather feed my rats a block with corn before any dog food.

Rats require their energy source to come from grains... like corn! Dog food is more meat and not energy dense enough for rats.
Corn is a whole grain, an energy source as well as a filler. It's not bad for rats.

I think my only way of passage is going to have to be ordering some harlan teklad into point roberts and picking it up... gahh!!! sometimes Canada is not so awesome.

And I thought corn was toxic to rats? I've read this on many many many websites....

They are claiming that dried corn in seed mixes could contain fungi which can be toxic. But! If you want to talk fungi and toxicity, all the cereals and grains we eat and give our rats come from silos and could also contain fungi and some toxicity.

I was able to find extrusion while living in Surrey, Petland sells it, Petsmart sells it. Tisol in langley sells an awesome selection of food including Owbow and they don't sell pets at all. If you can't find it on the island at all why not have your parents in surrey buy some for you? I personally arrange my harlan with people in ontario and have it shipped, it costs about $35 shipping for a 33lb bag, you probably don't need that much but why not find someone to split it with? I can't imagine shipping would be THAT much more to get it to the island, its already gone across canada.

There's a tisol in south surrey,(where my parents live) I haven't checked there. That's where we get a lot of my golden retriever's supplies! (except food. that comes from my sister who works at a vets office. woohoo wholesale!)
I'll call them tonight and see if they carry (or CAN carry) regal rat.

Do you have a website in ontario from where you get it shipped?

I could probably split some with my breeder! hah! or other rat owners in Victoria... i could post an ad to sell some on usedvictoria.com/craigslist.

I personally arrange the Harlan with people here. I've gotten from a few different members. If your sister works in a vet office can she not order in Oxbow for you? I know a lot of vets can get it.

I live in Surrey BC, and would LOVE to get some Harlan Teklad, or some Native Earth, or Regal Rat. Please let me know if you decide to bulk order as my rats are on the 22% cr*p right now.

Back