Attack at Canadian Parliament

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisK

Anyone else downtown Ottawa today? I work just a few blocks from the Parliament buildings.. We were on lockdown and it was pretty nerve-racking. Glad/grateful to be home tonight.

I was watching it on the news today in Texas and felt pretty confused. Attacking Canada is like attacking Norway or Sweden. Kinda stupid since it is such a generally peaceful country. ISIS continues to rack up enemies...

Glad you are ok.

I have a few friends in Ottawa, who luckily were no where in the area during the incident... Apparently the gunman is a Canadian citizen who recently converted to extremist Islamic beliefs? In one of the released ISIS videos a few weeks ago, they mentioned Canada as one of their targets, but I think it was mostly dismissed at that point... it really makes me wonder what could happen though.. Especially since there was another attack on Canadian soldiers in Quebec on Monday by a converted extremist...

My thoughts are will the families of the fallen soldiers Patrice Vincent and Nathan Cirillo and everyone else involved in the attacks.

I got into contact with my son who doesn't work near there, thank goodness but my best friend is too close for comfort but I talked to him as well. He was on lockdown too.
I hope all my other Ottawa peeps are ok. What a terrible world we now live in. We are not safe anywhere. :(

Unfortunately, humans are know for their bloody rampages all in the name of religion. Look at the Crusades. I wish people would learn to just "live and let live."

I got into contact with my son who doesn't work near there, thank goodness but my best friend is too close for comfort but I talked to him as well. He was on lockdown too.
I hope all my other Ottawa peeps are ok. What a terrible world we now live in. We are not safe anywhere. :(

So glad your son and his friend are okay.

Fortunately I was able to work at home today.. giving me a much needed chance to catch my breath.

Watching the news still, it's sounding more and more like the shooter was a deranged person rather than a terrorist.

We got a warning down here in the Chicago area (most of you know I work at a police station) for everyone to watch their backs. Those attacks could take place here in the states too... Glad everyone is alright!

Back