This is for Mamarat-Bella and Lisbet a few more pics 7/27

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Not long ago I get an email from the Small Animal Coordinator at the THS. She has some old girls in and was hoping that I personally would take them in myself. She told me one of the girls had a small tumour removed and she was waiting on the okay for release to the adoption floor.

I went down there, met this wonderful woman, who took over the Small Domestics department a year and a half ago, who insists on vet treatment, and surgeries if required and loves all the animals. Then I met the girls. Sadly they had been with their owner for 2 years (they are 26 months old now) but were surrendered as boys with the lovely names of Anubis and Absinthe. They had been "adopted" from a petstore, fed gerbil mix, lived in a hamster cage, never got out time, etc. Sigh. I was going to take them out of there to rehome them quietly (yes I hear the snickers!!!) but sadly they were very unsocialized and very nippy. They are improving a lot, and we will get there if time allows it. :) I figured this girls had every right to be cranky, especially after being called boys all their life! :lol:

On to the pics...
Just home.
BellaandLisbethome.jpg

Tiny thin subordinate sister Lisbet
Lisbet1.jpg

Dominant and protective Bella...she didn't like me near her sister in the beginning
"Yo! Stay away from ma sistah or I am gonna cap you..."
Bella2.jpg

Bella and her healing incision over Lisbet
BellaoverLisbet.jpg

This was/is their basket
ChickensJuly1.jpg

Lisbet having a nap
Lisbet-SleepyJuly1.jpg

Bella grooming, as always
BellagroomingJuly3.jpg

First peas!
LisbetandBellaJuly8.jpg

BellaandherpeasJuly8.jpg

Bella's eyes are softening. :D Even when she was nipping/biting me she was never frightened of me, would run all over me or nap right behind my head on the couch.
BellaJuly15.jpg

LisbetandBellaJuly15sm.jpg

And poor Lisbet is the one who gets the scratches...Bella has the most wonderful clear skin, but sweet Lisbet ends up underneath her sister all the time. :( She has become very sweet and likes to be stroked now. :D
Lisbetallscratchy.jpg

Lisbetallscratchy2.jpg

I am the first to admit that I'm not a fan of nakies. But your girls look very sweet, and I'm so glad to hear that you're giving them somewhere lovely to spend their time after the life they've had.

Awww, what sweeties! They actually look pretty good for being over 2 years! You're awesome for taking them in. I love nekkids.

OMG, they are SO pretty, I just love to kiss nakeds. And once again Shelagh comes to the rescue. How great is that? I'm sure they will come around with your care and love. I love oldies.

eeeeeee!!!! Naked ratties! My other weakness besides Siamese. Im glad to see the girls are doing so well. haha Glad I got to help talk you into it! :lol:

I agree with moon, hairless are not my most favourite but I have to admit those are the two cutest I have seen.

LA said:
I agree with moon, hairless are not my most favourite but I have to admit those are the two cutest I have seen.

I had never touched a hairless. You should've seen me trying to figure them out. Not my fav rattie either, I used to think they were ugly....shhh!
But once you get over the "OMG this is what my furred rats really look like under all that?" and they become little Nakie personalities, you fall in love just like with all the others.
The only real issue I had was I kept asking people "how do you pat these rats?" LOLOL...They do love kisses, on their back, their head, I can even give the nippy girl kisses on her cheeks and mouth. :lol:

Oh poor lisbet, maybe a naked rat sweater would help her? Ever seen those made out of the ankle part of a tube sock with lil arm holes cut out?
They look gorgeous, and its great you have them home and giving them proper care!

Awww, they're lovely! I'm still not sure about hairless, but then I didn't used to like red eyed rats. I clearly remember saying to my friend Jenny (she was with me when I saw my first 2 rats and is my witness to the fact that Mitts clearly chose me and chose Perdy to come home with her!) "I don't like the ones with red eyes.......but actually that one's rather sweet!" That was it, I was suckered

LOL I love the shot with the caption about capping any threats.

I'll admit it, hairless rats scare me a bit! Someday I'll meet one and likely be won over by their personalities. :lol:

I was wondering who Bella and Lisbet were! They're sure in some great hands now. :) And their first peas...I always get so emotional with neglected rescues--you go through so many firsts together and you help their world becomes so big. :heart:

Back