Severe allergies - need to rehome 3 boys with critter nation

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip

Barrie, ON - Experienced home only, special requirements.

My allergies are getting much worse. I cannot stay in the same room as them for more than a few minutes without having trouble breathing, along with coughing, sore itchy eyes, runny nose, and a rash. It's slowly been getting worse and now it's too hard. I don't get to spend time with them or clean them enough.

Black eyed white - born February 2014
Himalayan - born November 2015
Simese - born August 2015

All adopted from SPCA.

They would come with their critter nation, with recently purchased metal pans. And all the accessories they have. They eat oxbow or Harlan and none have been sick.

Ask for more details.

20160531_181956.jpg

20160531_181747.jpg

20160531_181807.jpg

20160531_181758.jpg

Last edited:
Aw they are adorable. If I adopt a few rats out I may have room for them, I have a few potential homes. I run a rescue in Toronto, but I'm gonna take a break from rescuing so I will be keeping everyone that isn't adopted. I might be able to take your boys and let them live the rest of their lives as my own pets. If you are interested PM me. :)

I don't know if it would help but neutered rats do not have as much allergen in their urine and are better tolerated by people with allergies.
There are a number of people on here with allergies to rats that have found things that help

You might want to check out the various ideas, however your allergies may be too bad for any of this to help

good luck

I used to sneeze very badly when I went into my pets' room until I put in an Oreck Air Purifier and that helped tremendously. Now I hardly sneeze at all and can stay in the room with my rats for quite a long time without any allergic reaction. :-D

Back