Snake ate by rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Last night was the season premiere of Dr K exotic vet. Its actually a really good show. This guy brought his snake in, which he had left alone with its live dinner. Now I don't at all like or agree with feeding it what we all love and I certainly am not happy this snake was attacked. That being said, holy crap can a rat do damage! This snake had large down to the muscle, chucks of missing snake body all over him.... I did find it funny that his owner tried to treat it for three weeks and brought him in covered in band-aids!!! This snake 's treatment was a very long process and he still was in danger or losing the end of his tail/body. No more live food for him.

Did they say what happened to the poor little rattie?

Snakes are wild animals living in captivity and belong in the wild.
imo people that really care about snakes enjoy them in the wild, they do not put them in prison

Did they say what happened to the poor little rattie?

Snakes are wild animals living in captivity and belong in the wild.
imo people that really care about snakes enjoy them in the wild, they do not put them in prison
No, but the damage the rat did was unreal! Not a snake person myself, but I felt so bad for that snake. How do you tell if a snake is in pain?

That's horrific. Poor snake! I can only imagine the extent of the damage. At least in the wild, the snake could make a run for it if its 'dinner' decided to fight for it's life. In a tank, there's nowhere to go.

Yet another reason people shouldn't feed live rats to snakes. It's just all wrong! I agree with SQ, snakes belong in the wild!

That's horrific. Poor snake! I can only imagine the extent of the damage. At least in the wild, the snake could make a run for it if its 'dinner' decided to fight for it's life. In a tank, there's nowhere to go.

Yet another reason people shouldn't feed live rats to snakes. It's just all wrong! I agree with SQ, snakes belong in the wild!
I agree they have no way to defend themselves. The bite area were huge craters!

Poor thing :( people are morons sometimes! I wonder how long that snake was injured before its owner had the decency to take it to the vets. Boils my blood.

Back