Dr. Bonam - VCA Arboretum View Downers Grove, IL

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velo

http://www.vcahospitals.com/arboretum-view/our-team/veterinarians
VCA Arboretum View Animal Hospital
Phone: 630-963-0424
Fax: 630-963-0537
2551 Warrenville Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515

Okay so I just brought Rocky to see Dr. Bonam today, mainly because I wanted to find a new vet. So this review is based on a standard exam with some special interest in checking for any respiratory problems.

Overall, I really like him. He is very knowledgeable, and I liked the answers he gave to every question I had. He also has pet rats himself (neutered males) so it's nice to have a vet who "understands". [Part of the reason I didn't like the last vet I saw was because he was completely ignorant to even the basics of standard rat-keeping]. He was happy to answer questions and wasn't in a hurry to end our visit.

His exam was very thorough, more than any vet I have visited yet. The exam fee was $60, which is cheaper than I have paid at other vets.

The office and exam rooms are very nice. The waiting room is super comfy and clean, they even have a beautiful fireplace. The receptionists were both friendly and checking out was super fast (I've had issues at another vet of waiting 15+ minutes everytime just to pay!).

This clinic is a 24 hour clinic, so you can at least count on someone always being there. When I called to ask about their practice, the receptionist was very knowledgeable and was happy to tell me the hours that Dr. Bonam is usually in along with pricing. She was also knowledgable about rats which I thought was cool.

Good to know I have a 24 hours option now. I'm surprised they are more reasonable VCA usually cost more. I priced one by us when I was first looking for an exotic vet in the area. The VCA in Worth has an exotic vet too.

Worth is pretty close to where I work, so that's good to know.
I really like that they are open 24/7.
There was a dog there today, he had a bowtie for a collar, so cute. I guess he was there for chemotherapy. ):

Back