Vets in Burlington/Oakville are

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
I found this on a Chinchilla site, chances are if they are good with chinchillas, they are good with rats.

Oakville
Dr. Zenker, Dr Lisa McKinnon
Burloak Animal Clinic
3060 Lakeshore Rd. West
Oakville, Ontario, L6L 1J2
Phone: (905) 827-1171/ Fax: (905) 827-1175
http://www.vetpet.com
email: [email protected]

Burlington
Dr. Barry Burtis, Dr. Paul Winslow
Bay Cities Animal Hospital
3001 New Street
Burlington, ON L7R 1K3
Phone: (905) 639-5414/ Fax: (905) 639-9173

Thank you!

I just got back from an appointment with Dr. Winslow. While I've never been to a vet with a rat before, I was very impressed. He was very gentle with Al. He was patient with me while I asked my questions and gave me through and easy to understand answers. The fact that he shares my views about antibiotics is a bonus. I kind of wish he was my doctor. :giggle: Overall, a really good experience.

I've been here:

http://myanimalhospital.ca/

They're in Burlington (not far from Hamilton) and have some locations in Oakville and Waterdown. The best thing is that one of their hospitals in Burlington is open 24/7 with a vet on call, and they don't even charge E-vet fees - just $70 examination fee. I've only been once, but so far I've been impressed, especially with the vets' clear dedication to providing health care to rats when they need it. The E-vet in Hamilton only does euthanasia, where here they are full service.

I just wanted to say that my rat vet is Dr McKinnon at the Burloak Animal Hospital. She is a fantastic vet. She really knows what's she's doing, and is great with surgery. She even kept my rat over at her house overnight so she could watch him, and if she needed to open the clinic for surgery. I have also had Dr Zenker (the owner) for an eye removal surgery. He is not there too often since he works at the zoo, but is very knowledgeable. I have also use Dr. Waters, is less personable, but knows her stuff. The vet techs that I know are very kind and love rats too. Prices are high here but I feel really comfortable with this clinic. I have only had to deal with euthanasia once, but they only use gas and my boy was very calm during the situation.

http://www.fourthlineanimalhospital.com/

Dr. Gursharn Dev
2275 Westoak Trails Blvd
Oakville, ON, L6M 3L3

905-847-4656

I visited here because my rat amelia is developing a mammary tumor. The doctor was not specialized in rats but he knew what he was doing and was nice.
The examination fee was $45 and the removal surgery cost he quoted was $400~500 which was out of my budget...

I got bayril prescribed for amelia's infected foot(bumble feet) for $25. The anti-bacterial injection he gave to my rat was $20.

Does anybody know any vet that can remove a mammary tumor within $300?(after tax). This is my honest budget. Amelia is about 20 months old and I don't want to gamble too much on the surgery as she is otherwise happy and enjoying her life. Her tumor is about 1.5" in diameter. It saddens me when I look at her.:sad-p:

If I can't find a vet office that falls within my budget, I might as well just let her enjoy her life until the tumor grows too big. The vet office quoted euthanasia and cremation $40.:rolleyes2:

Back