Toronto, ON-Dr. Sam Munn - Greenwood Park Animal Hospital

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
calleigh said:
Just went to them for my boys URI yesterday and saw Dr Luckwaldt. Love him. This clinic is amazing!

I have only seen Dr Luckwaldt myself over 6 years ago (another clinic), what was he like? Friendly, gentle with your rats, answered your questions, etc?

what treatment did he prescribe?

He was friendly, caring. Explained things in detail and answered my questions. Even asked for my opinion what I think I should do. He prescribed Baytril for one guy (I have a colony of 5) but he gave me the weights and the dose of all 5 guys. Said that he'd recommend that I should dose them when symptoms present for each individual rat. He told me that if the symptoms persist or get worse after 3 days to give him a call and he'll write up a script for doxy immediately and I can pick it up. Same with refills for Baytril.

calleigh said:
He was friendly, caring. Explained things in detail and answered my questions. Even asked for my opinion what I think I should do. He prescribed Baytril for one guy (I have a colony of 5) but he gave me the weights and the dose of all 5 guys. Said that he'd recommend that I should dose them when symptoms present for each individual rat. He told me that if the symptoms persist or get worse after 3 days to give him a call and he'll write up a script for doxy immediately and I can pick it up. Same with refills for Baytril.

Ohh that is wonderful. :thumbup:

I am on the fence about Luckwaldt being part of this clinic.

I visited him the other day. I'm not here often, but some of you I talk to off forum know my two year old boy Percy has been dealing with Dr.Munn for a little over half a year now, for tooth trims and teeth issues and removals etc and he's there at least once a month for a tooth trim with Dr.Munn. And top it off, Logan was giving symptoms of a uri. I took both boys in but since Munn was away I had to see Luckwaldt in the mean time.

He talks very fast. If I were not experienced in what I was going in for, I would have been confused as hell. He is very hard to keep up with. He told me Logan sounded perfectly fine and wasn't going to charge me an exam fee, and then took Percy for his tooth trim. When he came back with Percy, I explained Logan had been making the congested noise while Luckwaldt was out of the room. Luckwaldt said I can take baytril doxy if I want, but Logan does sound fine, and he has no problem giving me meds. I said sweet, hand'em over.

Percys teeth were trimmed INCREDIBLY short. He has maybe half a cm of tooth right now. Munn NEVER trims Percys bottom teeth(they dont need it), but Luckwaldt did. As a result of the shortness and upper and bottom trimmed, Percy is still bothered by his tooth trim and will still not touch hard food...... The appointment was Wednesday Morning. :(

I also waited an hour from my appointment time to be seen, and I could hear Luckwaldt chatting away at the back of the clinic most of the wait. No apology.

I'd see him again if I absolutely had to, but never going in blindly, and I would always 100000000% prefer Dr.Munn.

Feel the same way.
Dr. Luckwaldt either talks to me like I'm a bit too slow or so fast that I can't get a word in. :gaah:
Saw Dr. Munn yesterday with my kitty Simon and he is so much more happier and lets you talk.
He also loaned me three cat carriers to go with my two so I can bring the 5 other kitties on Monday. :heart:
He has an animal practise that he loves and it shows. :thumbup:

Sharlees rattakisses said:
Feel the same way.
Dr. Luckwaldt either talks to me like I'm a bit too slow or so fast that I can't get a word in. :gaah:
Saw Dr. Munn yesterday with my kitty Simon and he is so much more happier and lets you talk.
He also loaned me three cat carriers to go with my two so I can bring the 5 other kitties on Monday. :heart:

Luckwaldt and Munn are almost night and day to me... It's odd.

My coworker worked with Luckwaldt as a tech, and even she described him as cocky and arrogant, stubborn in his ways and not very open to new things. GOOD(apparently) but incredibly cocky and rushed.

Scythe said:
Sharlees rattakisses said:
Feel the same way.

Luckwaldt and Munn are almost night and day to me... It's odd.

My coworker worked with Luckwaldt as a tech, and even she described him as cocky and arrogant, stubborn in his ways and not very open to new things. GOOD(apparently) but incredibly cocky and rushed.

VERY. :roll:

Dr. Luckwaldt is not at Greenwood any longer, not sure of the partnership, but it seems that it was a failed experiment and too many differences of opinion and styles to mesh?

Back