Niagara Region

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTess

Hello all,

I just had to take my two girls to the vet yesterday for medication for a bit of a cold. Nothing serious she said thank goodness!

In the past I went to Dr. Kerr at the Thorald vet hospital. And it wasn't a great experience for me, he wasn't patient with my senior girl that I had at the time. she kept trying to run away from him and he was grabbing her like a 'predator' would straight down on the back and was very mean to her. He squeezed in her belly for her to hold still in his hands....and he just kept putting me down through the whole thing cause she wasn't social. But I had adopted her as a senior and it was a work in progress....she didn't have a good experience with all the human people that was suppoes to love her...anyways...

Now with the two girls I have now, I went to Wellend Mainwest Hospital on Boardway. And it was so great, I loved it there. The vet was Nicole. and These girls I JUST got from a pet store so they weren't socialized growing up (they are 6 months old now) and she was so patient with them....took our time getting everything she needed to do the examine. If it meant that I had to hold them and she wiggled her stethoscope under their bellies to hear. I really recommend anyone in the region going their. It was a bit more expensive then Kerr, but the experience for my little guys were worth it.

Can you tell us how much the exam cost and approx cost of meds etc? These can help someone decide if they can afford to go there or not. If you're not comfortable posting it, can you PM me and then I can post if they were reasonable costs or not?

Back