Mainely Rat Rescue -Falmouth Maine

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratsandcats

Mainely Rat Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. Mainely Rat Rescue’s mission is to rehabilitate and find homes for surrendered or abandoned rats, as well as spreading awareness, education and support for this often misunderstood animal. While in foster care rats will be socialized with people and other rats, giving them the skills they need to make great companions. Proper food, housing and health care are provided to all rats until they find their forever home. Your donations are tax deductible.
http://www.mainelyratrescue.org

These people are great!!! They are wiling to transport great distances including 9 hours from new brunswick to new hampshire!!! I got my three boys from them and they helped get radon to me. If you cant adopt and wanna foster they give you everything but bedding so that means a cage, food, toys, hammocks and anything else ratties need!!!

They are amazing! They are where our two newest boys, Plink and Twang, came from. They are very careful about screening in the application process. They want to make sure their rats go to good places. There is no "DHS" or "Child Protective Services" for rats, that I know of, so Mainely Rat Rescue has to get it right the first time! And their foster parents are first class. There is sometimes a blog page showing what the orphaned rats are like, so you can see beforehand. In the case of Plink and Twang, the descriptions of their delightful personalities prove true to this day, as we adopted them almost two months ago!

We were able to pay for the two boys' neuterings, so we did so, and that waived adoption fees. They also were able to send along a wonderful cage for 4-5 rats, used, for only $25---which our entire mischief loves and uses here in my office during our downstairs times.

Also included is a gift pack of a hammock (with tools on the fabric, since our two adoptees are boys! And a lot of treats and samples from the Mainely Rat store.

Anyway, I can't say enough good about them.

I agree that they do a wonderful job. they helped SQ with a group of needy rescue rats from Calais a couple of years ago.

They also have an awesome store! You can buy Stealth Wheels from them, which are totally wonderful wheels for rats.

oh yeh, MRR rocks! I got all of my girls there last year, these are my first ever rats and they were so well socialized, they were the perfect first rats for anyone, young or old, familiar with rats or just discovering them for the first time, like myself.

and now, to thank them in some small way, I am fostering my first group of baby girls born March 8th!

to see photos and descriptions you can check out their page here:
http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=515

I also have a blog about them at: http://theratz.livejournal.com/

MRR is in the middle of another HUGE baby boom, they've got around 100 babies that are either nursing or were just recently weaned,
and they've got lots and lots of other ratties of all ages, colors, etc, needing homes.

There's an incredible special on neutered boys (see http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=516)
they are adopting them out at just $35 for one or $60 for a bonded pair of NEUTERED boys; the neutering cost them $75 thru their vet, and would cost a lot more at most other vets if you wanted to get boys neutered on your own.

For those who already have girls and would like to have a big "squish" of a boy, too this is a fantastic deal, you get adorable boys and NO WORRIES about oopsie litters!!

and MRR does all that they can to get the rats to you, including rattie trains to NY. I am in southern NH and my girls were delivered right to me, talk about service, eh?!?!

:stickpoke: check them out, they've got a LOT of wonderful rattikins to choose from!

I'm hoping my fosters get adopted out fast so that I can take in more fosters. I adore them all but they need their forever home where they'll get even more personal attention than I give them, and all the special lovin they deserve.
PHOTO (don't know how to insert an image)
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... kingup.jpg

These are the happiest little girls, sure to put a smile on your face and joy in your heart!
Reserve your favorite(s) today!

Love them!
I have had pet rats since 2000, and adopted for the first time last year from MRR.
We adopted 4 wonderful little girls, litter-mates that were raised by Mainely's GREAT "team"!
We love our girls, they love each other, everyone our girls meet fall for them, I couldn't ask for more!

MRR is doing a special for the month of January. All rats over a year will hve the adoption fee waived for the right home.

There are babies, neutered makes, adults, many colors and markings, etc as well.

MRR has foster homes throughout new England, so transportation may be possible :)

Saw this today on livejournal, thought I'd cross post in case anyone can help.
Help the Mainely Rat Rescue!

"The last 3 months have been rainbow-less for Mainely Rat Rescue as we have taken in many sick and injured rats, each requiring antibiotics, revolution, surgery and the like. Our bank account is depleted and we now have barely enough to cover an emergency visit and we do not have enough money to pay for our next shipment of Harlan Food to restock the MRR store.

This is a plea (something we absolutely HATE doing) for financial help from our supporters and friends. If everyone could donate just $5 or $10 to our paypal account([email protected] om) we might be able to get our safety cushion back and get enough for our Harlan order.

This is feeling fairly serious as we are trying to figure out how we are going to be able to stay afloat much longer. We appreciate anything you can donate! You will receive a personal thank you card and will provide you with a tax deductib…le receipt if you ask. As an additional bonus, for every $10.00 you donate, you will get to name a rat and your name and gift will be mentioned on that rat’s page!"
THEIR WEBSITE: http://www.mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/
PAYPAL: [email protected]

I thought I would re-post this over here, since I'm sure many people here would be able to donate just a couple bucks to this rescue :)
If you need any extra incentive, post a picture of your rat here with proof of your donation, and I will draw your rat!
(my art)
even the smallest donation will get a drawing from me.
http://community.livejournal.com/ratties/7964219.html

This appeal was made a few weeks ago and from what I saw on Facebook/their site, it was amazingly successful. I'm sure they are always looking for donations, but I don't think they are in the same need as they were went the plea was made.

victoria said:
This appeal was made a few weeks ago and from what I saw on Facebook/their site, it was amazingly successful. I'm sure they are always looking for donations, but I don't think they are in the same need as they were went the plea was made.
The post was made today by someone from the rescue but I just thought I'd post it in case noone had seen it.

I cannot begin to say enough good about this organization. I'm currently adopting through MRR and every single person I've dealt with has been wonderful, helpful, kind and supportive. These people really care about rats and I'm proud to be associated with them even if it's only through the honor of adopting from two of their excellent foster parents.

actually talking to them tonight I might have a litter by accident picking up a siamese girl. she was in tanks with males and I didn't know she was pregnant until felt a kick this morning. I don't want to post them up to have them be food.

Yes, Mainely Rat Rescue is phenomenal!!!! An unbelievable rescue, so caring and understanding. A d they go to any length to help abandoned and surrendered rats. They truly are amazing.

Back