Ain't Nobody Got Time For That

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMG365

These are hilarious! :D

From Business Insider

Even though she doesn't have time for bronchitis, Oklahoma City resident Kimberly Wilkins—better known on the Internet as Sweet Brown—does have time to sue Apple.

She's suing over an iTunes song that sampled a few of her catchphrases, according to NewsOk.

Sweet Brown got her first fifteen minutes of fame when she told a local TV-news station that she fled a burning apartment building because she suffered from bronchitis, and "ain't nobody got time for that."

The video became a viral sensation, amassing 1 million views on YouTube within 48 hours. Sweet Brown is seeking to profit from her Internet fame by becoming a celebrity spokesperson—and that may actually bolster her case.

Sweet Brown is suing Apple, a radio program called The Bob Rivers Show, and a handful of other parties for unauthorized use of her likeness, according to court documents.

The basis of the lawsuit stems from a song called "I Got Bronchitis." The Bob Rivers Show, according to Sweet Brown's complaint, produced the song with samples from Wilkins' interview with the local TV-news station. The song sampled phrases like, "Ain't nobody got time for that," "Ran for my life," and "Oh, Lord Jesus it's a fire."

The suit claims that in April 2012, the defendants started selling the song on iTunes for profit. It also claims the radio program and its owner falsely advertised that Sweet Brown had given her consent for the radio station to use her voice and likeness in the song.

The suit was first filed in the District Court of Oklahoma County in June 2012. At that time, Wilkins sought a total of $15 million from the defendants. The suit has since moved to the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.

Lawyers for Sweet Brown recently petitioned the court to remove themselves from the lawsuit, so Sweet Brown and a co-complainant, Sparkell Adams, are currently representing themselves.

Adams has represented herself as an agent for Sweet Brown in response to inquiries from Business Insider.

The claim against Apple, at least, may not hold up in court. That's because The Digital Millennium Copyright Act provides protection for companies if they promptly take action to remove material whose copyright is disputed.

Apple has since removed the song from iTunes. But if you want to see the original news report in the form of music video, watch the video below—before it draws a lawsuit, too.

[BBvideo 510,330:jkaezagn]http://youtu.be/om5Y2GBbZg0[/BBvideo:jkaezagn]

[BBvideo 510,330:jkaezagn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM[/BBvideo:jkaezagn]

:laugh4: Never saw that one Petunia, me and my partner are laughing hysterically..... :laugh4: work was quite boring until this moment

KMG365 said:
I've never seen that one before. It's very catchy! :lol:

I guess it would help if you knew the back story, it's included in the description of the interview they used to make the song:

http://youtu.be/FWOmYH0GjqA

Thankfully the media appears to be leaving these three women and the child born to one of them, alone- at least for now.

very tragic story. It almost feels bad to laugh at the song, but it is a catchy tune.
and his colorful language........

his 911 call was full of the f word and very hard to listen to. the call from Amanda Berry still brings tears to my eyes: "I'm here, I'm alive"

the women, abducted as teens, had watched their stories on the news while they were held captive for 10yrs.
They knew that they were presumed dead.

so yeh. I think the video takes the edge of a horrible senseless tragedy.

Thanks for sharing the interview and the awesome remix Petunia. such a horrifying story. but I'm glad their rescuer was such a great personality. gives a person something to smile about amidst the terrible nightmare these women survived.

Some of these videos are pretty crazy! :mrgreen:

Just a bit of background on the guy named Vermin Supreme in the video below: Vermin Love Supreme (born June 1961) is an American performance artist, anarchist and activist who is known for running as an alternative candidate in various local, state, and national elections in the United States. Supreme is known for wearing a boot shaped hat and carrying a large toothbrush. He claims that if elected President of the United States, he will pass a law requiring people to brush their teeth. He also campaigned in 2012 on a platform of zombie apocalypse awareness (and zombie-based energy plan) and time travel research, and he promises a free pony for every American. Supreme claims to mock the political system. (Source: Wikipedia)

Randall Terry, a challenger to Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination for President in 2012, was "glitter-bombed" by Supreme during a 'Lesser Known Candidates Forum'. Supreme said that Jesus told him to make Terry gay.

[BBvideo 450,300:m07zgywp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFBCIzwxp8[/BBvideo:m07zgywp]

Can't Hug Every Cat

This is probably staged, but it's still pretty funny!

[BBvideo 500,375:m07zgywp]http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4[/BBvideo:m07zgywp]

Oh wow that can't hug every cat video..... I feel bad for laughing she just honestly cares about cat but I can't believe the was her Eharmony video.... Atleast shes cute?

Back