Ottawa - Riverside South Animal Hospital

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKEM

Riverside South Animal Hospital
4-4184 Spratt Rd.
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.rsah.ca/

Dr. Fitch is great with rats, caring, patient, she will explain everything, let you see x-rays, even be there for euthanasia (at least she does with me) so your baby can be with you. There is nothing hidden, nothing behind closed doors. Everybody is nice and friendly and the place is clean and you can see everything and ask any questions you like.

They are well equipped for small exotics and I can't begin to say how good she is with teeth trimming (she sees a lot of rabbits). She fixed one of my rescues' weirdo overgrown white teeth so well, I thought we were in for a monthly trimming but after two visits everything resolved itself. I have not had her operate on my rats other than the teeth (which is done under anesthesia) and abscess drainage although they are equipped for more extensive surgeries.

I also like that the go the extra mile (giving you extra meds (for spillage) in various flavours (compounded next door) to see what works best, free supplies, massive discounts on a whole bunch of procedures when you are a regular (I have yet to pay for any of the euthanasia she has done on my rats beyond cremation) and they will call back, answer questions and get an update on your rats. It is also a very small clinic which means that I rarely have to wait to get an appointment. More often than not, the same day that I call.

I went there the first time because I needed to see a vet NOW. I don't regret it at all.

RKEM said:
Riverside South Animal Hospital
4-4184 Spratt Rd.
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.rsah.ca/

Dr. Fitch is great with rats, caring, patient, she will explain everything, let you see x-rays, even be there for euthanasia (at least she does with me) so your baby can be with you. There is nothing hidden, nothing behind closed doors. Everybody is nice and friendly and the place is clean and you can see everything and ask any questions you like.

They are well equipped for small exotics and I can't begin to say how good she is with teeth trimming (she sees a lot of rabbits). She fixed one of my rescues' weirdo overgrown white teeth so well, I thought we were in for a monthly trimming but after two visits everything resolved itself. I have not had her operate on my rats other than the teeth (which is done under anesthesia) and abscess drainage although they are equipped for more extensive surgeries.

I also like that the go the extra mile (giving you extra meds (for spillage) in various flavours (compounded next door) to see what works best, free supplies, massive discounts on a whole bunch of procedures when you are a regular (I have yet to pay for any of the euthanasia she has done on my rats beyond cremation) and they will call back, answer questions and get an update on your rats. It is also a very small clinic which means that I rarely have to wait to get an appointment. More often than not, the same day that I call.

I went there the first time because I needed to see a vet NOW. I don't regret it at all.

I called to see for my little rattie and unfortunately they do not neuter rats anymore but the Carling Animal Hospital does. Its about 200$ after taxes.

Back