are there any good vets in Truro, NS?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilian

Hey, I'm wondering if you guys know of any good vets in Truro, or if we would be better off taking them into Halifax when necessary?
thanks!

Hey Kilian!

Lindsay here the one you're adopting the girls from :)

I don't think there are any vets in Truro but there are these two.

Dr. Hackshaw at the Oakland Vet Clinic 1255 Oakland Road, Mahone Bay, NS(902)-531-3117 She is one of our vets for the Halifax rescue and gives really good prices for spays and neuters.

There is also
Dr. levesque and Dr. benjamin at Sackville animal hospital 485 Sackville Drive, Lower Sackville,NS 902-865-6400

There is the Central Nova Animal Hospital in Bible Hill.

They have 2 amazing vets there

Dr. Jenn Mackay
Dr. Helena Van Donnick

They are very educated in rats and are very kind and humane. I love them! :cuddle:

I too was looking for a vet in truro just moved. Thanks Mary I will definitely check out central nova. Have you ever heard of the vet Kim working there is is suppose to be trained in exotic animals?

Yes I have, I have been to her before but I recommend Dr. Mackay and Dr. Van Donnick. These ladies are very caring with my rats and I know when the time comes to let them go they do it in a very comfortable way. They will gas them first instead of just going for the cardiac stick, or in the liver. They will let you be in the back with them for the whole thing. They are kind women and I love them!

That is where I brought Jare-Bear to be euthanized back when I was in college. They were very nice about it all and I got to be with him the whole time.

Back